• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

kellyville Ok

gt bandit

Hi all

I see you Mid western USA crew are having some issues with Twisters .

I hope you all are doing okay and make it through the season.

I took me back to when i was at Oil field School in a place called Kellyville outside of Tulsa OK .

The guys were telling me on the first day about getting out of the car and into one of them ditches on the side of the road if a Twister came up the highway.
I really thought they were Bonkers (weird) , but turns out their is some truth to the whole ditch thing.

:tongue:

Mustanglvr

I myself would rather try to outrun one with the car, but if its too late, its too late and you might as well hit the dirt or find something sturdy to hang on to. I`ve seen tornadoes firsthand and they are a force not to be reckoned with. They say its like a train going by. It is a feeling like something big, thats for sure. It sucks the air right out of you. I`m glad I`m moving out of tornado alley, but not till after this tornado season is over.

Perkchiro

So true. The official instructions here in Missouri is to seek shelter in a basement. If that's not available, then in a hallway or bathtub. If you're out in the open, then find a low lying area such as a ditch in which to lay flat. Rhonda's not kidding, Tornadoes are nothing to laugh at. You might recall an earlier post from me that had a link to a TV news blurb about a guy that held onto a hole his bathroom floor, on top of his wife while the tornadoe sucked his house away. Another fella got thrown about 1300 feet out of his mobile home. By the way, mobile homes are no-no's during Tornadoes. Better off in a ditch!!!!
Steve

Mustanglvr

Gt Bandit, don`t they have twisters where you live in Australia?

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

yes we do but mostly in the Northern half and we have advanced warning systems - all the houses are built to cyclone standards in the North west.

In the north east though they are no such standards , go figure.

But we definitely do not have Ditch evasion as a form of survival , but maybe their could be in the future