• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS (verified by Marti) For Sale

CSJCode

I have enjoyed gathering information regarding the GT/CS from all of the knowledagble members of this board. My hope was to one day begin the restoration of my GT/CS. However, due to job uncertainties, I have decided to sell my car. :'(
Here are some particulars:
The car is located in the Sna Francisco bay area and is currently registered and insured. The car is running and I drive it on the weekends in good weather. I have owned the car for a year and a half.

Some details:
VIN: 8R01J170887
Data Plate: 65B M 6B 19U 72 5 W
(at the time of production, this car was one of 70 with the aforementioned paint/trim codes)

This car was actually built on July 3rd, 1968 so it was ahead of schedule by 16 days. Since CS build stopped by July 31, this is one of the last CS's off the line.

The drivers door must have been replaced since the data tag does not match the VIN. However, the VIN mentionied above, on the dash matches the stamping on the engine block.

The drivers front quarter panel is not original as there are holes for the mustang horse emblem are present.

The hood is not original to the car as the hood locks are not present.

The Grille is not correct and the fog lights that are present look like after market.

Based on the front quarter, hood and grille replacement my guess was the car had front end damage along the way.

I believe that a floor console was original to the car (a "console" is listed on the Marti report, I assume it means floor) the roof console is present.

The car came with A/C which is not present.

The dashboard would need replaced.

Since I mentioned the bad, now for the good:

The exterior is in great condition with no signs of rust (that I've seen), no dents and the paint job (it is now blue) seems to be of "good" quality.

The interior is in great condition (seats, headliner, carpet and ceiling console). The chrome has some "pitting" and the underdash area has two cuts in the metal (I suspect to remove the floor console at some point).

The rear deck lid appears to be original as the underside is "smooth". I would say that the end caps are original as well, but I've never had them off.

The side scoops are present and screens are as well. The flip top gas cap is there as are the tail light bezels which have some pitting. Both rear quarter panels have the Cal Special Script.

I have a replacement grille with brackets attached that is in excellent condition, but since I can not find a p/n stamping it may be a reproduction.

Whew..those are the hightlights and I'd like offer this car to this audience first since I've enjoyed reading and learning so much here. I'll take pictures at your request and try and post pix with generic views (exterior/ineterior/engine area) but I may not get to that until this weekend.

Looking at the price guide posted by straight six, overall I'd say my car is in Fair +/Good - condition. Based on that with a 302 engine, I'd look to get in the neighborhood $6,500 (I've tried to factor into account that some parts are not there as mentioned above).

I'll be happy to answer questions that anyone may have. Please write to: Ferlahouse@aol.com

Thanks to all the members and guests of this site who have provided great repository of knowledge!! Even after I sell my car, I still plan to visit this site!!

[quote author=CalGTCSdreamer link=board=3;threadid=344;start=0#msg1948 date=1053700278]
Sorry to hear you must sell. Do you plan on posting pictures?

I'm having trouble logging in using my screen name...I've requested a new passwrod but have not rec'd it yet.

I have taken pictures. If you are interested please send me an email:
Ferlahouse@aol.com
and I'll send the pictures.

Fred
[/quote]

Calspecialdreamer

For what it is worth to anyone, I had my sister and her husband take a look at this car and drive it. The seller is an honest guy and his assessment of this car is very accurate. I live in Arkansas so I couldn't look myself.

OP
OP
C

CSJCode

Thanks for the interest - and the kind words from Dreamer - however, the car is sold. I will let the new owner post & update any information that he'd like to share.