• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Purchased A GT/CS

darb

For those who read my other post, where I was contemplating on whether or not to purchase the vehicle - I went ahead and bought it.

It is a great driver, a lot of work ahead of me though so I have a quick question.

Where's the best place to find parts to upgrade / rebuild the mustang. I'm looking for air conditioning, interior kits, new hood, dashboard, - any ideas?

You can check out my vehicle:
http://www.springbaycounseling.com/mustang

Let me know what you think, any ideas/comments/concerns would be greatly appreciated! I'm driving it home tomorrow (Sunday) -

Paid 7,500 for the car. Is that about right?

-Brad

Hey man, hope you enjoy the car! I just recently bought a California Special. I am also a 15 year old going on 16 soon. Since I have some of the same questions you do, I can't answer any but I just wanted to say have fun with her and good luck finding what you need.

x-codegtcs

Brad,

The car looks like it is a pretty good driver and good starting platform. It looks like it may have had some front end damage before as the fog lights and hood are incorrect BUT you do still have the correct grill!

This will be fun for you.

Good luck!

68sunlitgold

Brad,
the car looks like a solid platform. You can find most of the parts you need through any Mustang parts dealer. Another good place if you want original used parts is ebay, most people are honest, just look at their feedback. Ebay is good for A/C parts. If you can not find what you need call:
CLASSIC AUTO AIR MFG. CO.
2020 W. Kennedy Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33606 USA
Phone: (813) 251-2356
they have all the parts for 68 A/C.
For body parts try a local classic junkyard, where do you live?
Is the engine original? I only ask because first it is Chevy orange and the aircleaner has "289 High Performance" which was not made in 68. I can't make out the door tag so I can't tell what it should be. The body looks great! Is there a reason you want a new hood, it does not look bad?
Ebay also has dash pads but these too can be purchased from most catalogs.
Good luck on your car.

Doug

OP
OP
D

darb

A few comments:

The engine is original, they painted it chevy orange because the previous owner was a young kid and wanted to make it look cool. I have the original air cleaner, he gave it to me - once again the kid wanted the car to "look" cool and popped on a new air cleaner.

The original color is presidential blue, I have the original marchal fog lights, the father put those yellow ones from his 65 mustang on there because the marchal fog lights have NO internal parts (any ideas where i can get internal parts?)

The hood is fine, I just want one with the turn indicators.

The door tag matches the rest of the vehicle parts.

Thanks for looking!

-Brad

rjw

You might try Pete Geisler at Orlando Mustang for the Marchal parts.
Richard

Good purchase on your GTCS. I have gotten a lot of parts from Sacramento Mustang (www.sacramento-mustang.com) and some from Branda Mustang and Shelby (cobranda.com). Branda has some parts that are unique to the GTCS and are hard to find. I replaced my AC with a unit from Classic Auto Air.

Good luck and have fun.