• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Franklin Mint Mustang

6t8-390gt

Does anyone have the RED 1968 Mustang GT conv. model from the Franklin Mint that they are willing to part with for a fair price? Referals would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Danny

still looking for one

Here's a current auction on a Franklin Mint GT 68 Convert.

Go to www.diecast.org, click on auctions,then go to 1/24 auctions, current, and check #65701, as of now 10:05pm, pst, 4/26/06, they have at D4C auctions, for $175 BIN (buy it now) a Red with white stripes, 1968 Mustang GT convertible, Discontinued Franklin mint model)and it can be yours.........

However, you may have to join the club (pay yearly dues on the site) to be eligible.

This is a site for seriously advanced modelers, they build from scratch one off models, models from resin, promos, some of them can sell for up to $1500, they are beautiful, highly detailed, and available on ebay sometimes.

The public at large don't know about them, and they sometimes build, trade and sell to one another, these models, for example there will be a private sale of SIX 1956 Ford Parklane 2 door wagons sometime in August.

Definately a site for you to check out. Let us know...

Jim

OP
OP
6t8-390gt

6t8-390gt

Jim,
Thanks I took advantage of the BIN. Registration was free.

Now if I can find a GT Coupe in Meadowlark Yellow w/ black C-stripes.

68gt390

6t8-390gt said:
Jim,
Thanks I took advantage of the BIN. Registration was free.

Now if I can find a GT Coupe in Meadowlark Yellow w/ black C-stripes.

Danny;
As far as I know no diecast company makes a diecast model of the 68 coupe except for "Greenlight Toys". The reason I know this is because they are about to release a 68 Coupe Model 1/18th scale of my GT coupe. Colors are Highland Green and Candy Apple Red. There are several post here on the website about both diecast models, 68 GT Coupe and 68 GT/CS. All the 68 GT diecast models offered by Franklin Mint are convertibles and 1/24th scale. I have one which is Lime Gold. Check the below link.

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/products.html?q=products&page=viewcat&catid=5&scaleid=1

Don

BroadwayBlue

still looking for one

Further to the issue of a 1968 meadowlark yellow coupe, with a black C stripe, don't forget I said www.diecast.org consists of SERIOUSLY ADVANCED modelers, they not only build from scratch, resin, etc., if Greenlight comes out with a coupe, I'd be willing to bet if you went on one of the forums, and you had the model of the coupe in hand, you could find someone to repaint it in the color you desire. One guy does exactly this, he is the best of the best, named Paul Hettick, just the other week he repainted a green Franklin mint 1961 Country Squire to white and sold it on ebay. He sands them down to the bare metal, repaints and polishes them to a fairtheewell.

These people put serious manhours into these projects, and their work won't come cheap. They are dead serious serious about these models and the prices for which they are bought and sold reflect it. Consider it like going into a 1/1" full size body shop and getting an estimate. But you are at the Ferrari price end rather than Earl Scheib. It can be done, I think, if you have the dough...Loving wife or sweetie, and your birthday coming up? It could happen, Danny....Good luck! Jewelry, chocolate,flowers, etc. could help soften her up