• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Car Storage Lifts

Mustanger

Arlie,

Let's take it up a notch, or 2 ...

(my friend sent me the following):

German Parking Garage
This is pretty amazing! Can you imagine how all this operates? How do they lock each car in its cubicle for safety.
WHO CARES. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND COULD GET IN THERE.

Talk about German efficiency! The two photos below were taken at a new parking garage in Munich. The actual space that the facility occupies is approximately only 20% of a comparable facility with the traditional design that is used primarily in the US. Not only is the German structure less expensive to build, but vehicles are also "retrieved" in less time and without the potential of being damaged by an attendant.

Pretty Cool, isn't it??

Attachments

• GermPark1.jpg
    GermPark1.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 33
  • GermPark2.jpg
    GermPark2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 31

Mustanglvr

Must be pretty boring in Munich when everybody drives pretty much the same kind of car.

still looking for one

Mustanger said:
Arlie,

Let's take it up a notch, or 2 ...

(my friend sent me the following):

German Parking Garage
This is pretty amazing! Can you imagine how all this operates? How do they lock each car in its cubicle for safety.
WHO CARES. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND COULD GET IN THERE.

Talk about German efficiency! The two photos below were taken at a new parking garage in Munich. The actual space that the facility occupies is approximately only 20% of a comparable facility with the traditional design that is used primarily in the US. Not only is the German structure less expensive to build, but vehicles are also "retrieved" in less time and without the potential of being damaged by an attendant.

Pretty Cool, isn't it??

Yes that is really cool. Like big safe deposit boxes. Those efficient Germans!
Whenever they have a big shunt on the autobahn, (and at those speeds, believe me they can be BIG) they get helicopters out there to clean up the mess!!

BroadwayBlue

There's a reason the cars look the same ... they are!

The picture is real but the description is not.

Check out snopes.com
http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/parkade.asp

(if you're not familiar with the snopes (urban legends) website ... the next time someone sends you an email that you think is scam ... go here and search for it)

The reason all the cars look the same because it's inside of a VW manufacturing plant. I remembered seeing that picture somewhere and they all looked like VWs so I Google'd it.
I think I saw it in the VW mag they sent me after buying one.

In any case it's still cool ...

Here is an excerpt from the Snopes write up.

The photographs displayed above are real, and compact, multi-story parking structures can indeed be found in some Germany cities (such as Dresden), but in this case the two don't go together.
The structure pictured here is not a public parking garage, but rather a storage facility for newly-manufactured automobiles. It's an inside view of one of the 20-story Car Towers at Volkswagen's Autostadt facility in Wolfsburg, Germany, which is sort of a cross between a Volkswagen showcase and theme park. Visitors can take in the shops, restaurants, and cinemas, as well as enjoying automobile-themed attractions such as the virtual CarDesign Studio and the All-Terrain Course.

If you visit Autostadt, the high point of your day might be taking delivery of a brand-new Volkswagen automobile. This is the part where a Car Tower like the one pictured above comes into play:
Your new car is waiting!

Anyone considering buying a new car usually does a lot of careful research before coming to the realization: this is it! At Autostadt, we think the moment in which you receive your new car should be just as special. And this is exactly what we offer. At Autostadt, collecting your new car is an event in itself. The best idea is to begin that special day with a relaxing trip to Autostadt followed by a tour until the big moment arrives: In a fully automated procedure, your new car is brought down to you from one of the 20-story Car Towers. Large signboards in the Customer Center show you when your turn has come. Then, you're handed the keys, your picture is taken, the glass doors open and your brand-new car appears. You're all set to go.

Mustanglvr

That is very cool.
Hey Rich, did you have to type that story yourself or do you have a link to help you with that too? Is that "cut and paste"? I`m self taught computer illiterate, LOL.

BroadwayBlue

Mustanglvr said:
That is very cool.
Hey Rich, did you have to type that story yourself or do you have a link to help you with that too? Is that "cut and paste"? I`m self taught computer illiterate, LOL.

Hey Rhonda,

No I don't have a link in my magic bag of tricks :grin:
I actually do type super fast (people at work are amazed at times) but no I didn't type it all in.
It's was just a cut/copy and paste. That's a wonderful tool they invented ... great time saver ... don't know what I would do without it ... especially in my job.

I admit I didn't use it much at first when Windows first came out (yes I'm dating myself) but over time once I got the hang of it, it's great. Play around with it, you'll find plenty of uses for it.

Mustanger

BroadwayBlue said:
The picture is real but the description is not.

Check out snopes.com
http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/parkade.asp

(if you're not familiar with the snopes (urban legends) website ... the next time someone sends you an email that you think is scam ... go here and search for it) ...

Thanks for the snopes.com link ... I'll have to add it to my list of favorites... I've always used truthorfiction.com (they're good too) but they didn't have anything on this German garage hoax ...