• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS for Sale

Mr. Shelby Guy

Yup, it's time I let her go. My father would really like a 1970 Boss 302 or a 1970 Mach I (He used to own these cars when they 1st came out) so he must make the sacrifice of losing our precious California Special. It's a 289 and it moves, Automatic Transmission, Power Steering and NO POWER BRAKES. All lights work INCLUDING the Fog Lamps. It had an after-market A/C in it and we were told that it worked, but when we recieved it the A?C wasn't working so we took it out. We DO NOT KNOW why it is not working. It comes with all the GT/CS goodies on it. This also includes Paul Newitt's GT/CS registry. It has duals and sounds tough. If you would like some more information on this car, including pictures and my home phone #, please e-mail jseguin1@cox.net
Thanks for your interest

Mr. Shelby Guy

OP
OP
M

Mr. Shelby Guy

I'm going to put her on eBay either tonight or tomorrow since My dad and I have just bought a 1970 Mach I. Keep an eye out for her.

BrandonB

Not trying to sound like a jerk but it might help to have actual miles on there instead of 9999999.

Ratwip

The Miles thing and also needs more pictures of the interior looks like your trying to hid something. But no matter i think it will sell just fine. Only wish i was in oaklahoma...

Wait no i dont

OP
OP
M

Mr. Shelby Guy

The miles: I am unsure of the actual miles. The odometer was reset to 0 when the motor was rebuilt and now the odometer reads 36,000.

As for the interior, I am not trying to hide anything. I would not misrepresent anything on eBay or anywhere else.

I put a good number of pictures and since I cannot put all 35 pictures of the car I decided to say just e-mail me for the rest.

BrandonB

Mr. Shelby can you write in the milage or is it just numbers only? never done anything on ebay if you can write say 36,000 miles on rebuilt engine or put 36,000 miles in there and somewhere on the page state that its 36,000 miles on the engine rebuilt it might help. just my 2 cents again im not trying to be mean just trying to help out ya know?

OP
OP
M

Mr. Shelby Guy

I tried to put 36000 on rebuilt engine on miles but it came back saying #'s only. And I didn't want to misrepresent this car either so I thought the best alternative was to put 99999999 since I don't know the actual miles. If you look at the bottom above the pics I did explain the miles situation. Thanks for your concern.

BrandonB

yep sorry man I guess I read over it cool good luck hope it sells good!

darb

May I ask why the rear panel is the shelby style, and not painted to match the vehicle? Has it been replaced?

-Brad

OP
OP
M

Mr. Shelby Guy

Which rear panel? 1/4 or what? You mean the rear end of the car where the tail lights are? Sorry, but I'm not used to these terms yet (it's my father's car so he would know better than me).

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, where the tail lights are. That area should be the same color as the body technically.

It's fairly common to see these get painted over the years. The Shelby's were like this and some people like the look.

OP
OP
M

Mr. Shelby Guy

I always thought that these were painted black. It has been repainted once. The Shelby's were like this? the 1968's? I've seen alot of them with a silver rear end (around the tail lights)?