• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Updated w/pics: GT/CS for sale

mmerkle

We have just finished a two year restoration of this BEAUTIFUL car and unfortunately we must sell it now.

The car is a highly collectible with outstanding recent total "ground up" professional restoration. Restoration includes but is not limited to interior upholstery, carpets, dash/instrumentation, seat belts, door panels, headliner, front/rear glass, interior wiring harness, exhaust system, decorative trim, Vintage air installed, brake system, new gas tank, new lights/lamps/bezels, letters/emblems and new steering wheel/column.

Other specs:
Chrome, glass, finish and interior rated as EXCELLENT
new tires and syled steel wheels
correct 289 engine professionally detailed and fully reconditioned/rebuilt
show quality, acapulco blue paint w/white stripe
new interstate battery
newly replaced bumper chrome
P/S, P/B
Replaced stereo system w/cassette
complete California Special trim

There is simply too much to list. This car is show quality and has been professionally appraised to rank in the upper range of extra-clean overall condition. It is expected to appreciate in value annually. Appraisal available for purchase, as well.

This car has been in our family for twenty years and it will be a sad day when it leaves, but it must. We are looking for a good home for it.

We are located in Clearwater, FL. For pricing and other information, please email me at flaskins@aol.com.

Attachments

• Mustang.JPG
    Mustang.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 16
This car has a very sharp paint job. I would agree with the appraisal of being in "extra clean" condition because it looks like it has been washed recently ;D but I don't agree with much else. Unfortunately, car has incorrect grill, fog light pedestals, and I think incorrect fog lights and fog light placement. I can't tell much about hood pin placement or fiberglass authenticity. Make sure that you verify original fiberglass before purchase. Advise to the owner: if you commissioned someone to restore this car to show quality, you need to take it back and have these things fixed, because these things greatly decrease the cars value. This is either a clone, or a basketcase that has been improperly restored. Definitely not a show GT/CS, I would conservatively deduct if it is a authentic GT/CS, about $1000-$1200 from the purchase price for the incorrect front end. Deduct a extra $300-500 if hood pins are incorrectly placed. If non-original fiberglass, deduct another $1500. I would love to see pictures of the rear-end so I could verify original fiberglass. Also a closer pic of the side scoops to verify those. Without checking these things out, I would be weary about buying this car before getting a Marti report.

Assuming this car does have original fiberglass, is a authentic GT/CS, is rust free, and everything else is properly restored the upper value would be somewhere around $8K. Give or take some. But to properly estimate the cars value, I would have to see more pictures.