• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

protect your paint and valuable fog lights

bindiman99

I have just made some paint protection kits made from 7 mil thick self healing film. The same material used on new cars. I install them for dealerships but decided to make a kit for my car when it gets painted. They protect from stone chips, bugs, tar and, so on. I also have window tint kits for 68 mustangs as well. Each kit includes pre cut material, tools and, complete instructions. They are easily installed and well worth the money for the protection given. If interested post which kit or kits you are looking for and I can post the prices.

68sunlitgold

I have been looking for foglight protections for Marchal lights....are these in your plans?
Doug

johns1968

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=3;threadid=667;start=0#msg3584 date=1068184590]
I have been looking for foglight protections for Marchal lights....are these in your plans?
Doug
[/quote]

In response to your question I can make the kit for the marchal lights as well the cost is 20.00 plus 5.00 shipping and handling for the tools and instructions. The kit is clear and protects the surface and is virtually undetectable unless you look really close. These kits let you drive down the road or trailer your car without having to worry about damage to your expensive fog lights or paint .

johns1968

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=3;threadid=667;start=0#msg3590 date=1068239041]
I lost. how do you apply it? Spray or wipe on? Does it work over clearcoat. ::)
[/quote]

These kits are applied using a mounting solution between the film and the glass or paint. Then you remove excess mounting solution with a squegee. Its is almost like installing wall paper. It is safe for all automotive paint surfaces. Movie companies use it on expensive cars when doing chase seens so they dont trash paint jobs.

This is just like vinyl adhesive film. I doen't really protect from dents, breaks in glass, or anything like that, just from nicks to the paint. If you look in the mustang catalogs, they sell this stuff to protect your rear near your tires where they throw up dirt and rocks. You might be able to buy this cheaper, and make your own. 20.00 sounds a bit steep just for cut outs that small. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
B

bindiman99

[quote author=mrshelbydallas link=board=3;threadid=667;start=0#msg3592 date=1068248945]
This is just like vinyl adhesive film. I doen't really protect from dents, breaks in glass, or anything like that, just from nicks to the paint. If you look in the mustang catalogs, they sell this stuff to protect your rear near your tires where they throw up dirt and rocks. You might be able to buy this cheaper, and make your own. 20.00 sounds a bit steep just for cut outs that small. Just my 2 cents.
[/quote]

It is true these kits do not prevent damage from large blunt objects but the will and do deflect normal stones and debris encountered during normal driving conditions. As far as getting this film it is a 3M product and the only way to get it is by being a dealer or by buying a kit from a dealer. I work for a shop that purchases this film and I make the kits for hundreds of vehicles. I am not trying to sell anyone on these kits just offering a service to fellow enthusiasts of the california special. If you just want a plain sheet of film and want to attempt to make your own patterns I can sell that as well for what I pay for it which is around 3.50 a square foot. But ive already done the work for you if you and supply necessary tools and instructions. Its better to trust a professional with ten years in the trade of window film and paint protection film. I love these cars and the gt/cs of my own. Take the protection or not my prices are for my time and I will work with anyone on these prices if they dont feel they are getting their moneys worth.