• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Any Arizone peeps? (Pheonix/Scottsdale)

ahainline

Might be taking job in Scottsdale.. any suggestions when it come to location of housing, good areas etc.? Or any other information you can give someone moving to that area..crime rate.. anything a peson moving to a new city would want to know. Thanks everybody!

Diesel Donna

The webmaster of this site, Jon Hanna is a resident of the Phoenix area!
I can't believe how much the area has grown west of the city...wow! Glendale is nice.

66hcs-conv

Hi,

Scottsdale is nice, but VERY expensive. The south east - Alma School Road,
Arizona (hiway 87) (north south streets) & Queen Creek, Ocotillo (east west streets) are nice. Lots of development in Gilbert and other areas south east.

The housing market is not so good in Phoinix right now, so it would be an excellent time to buy.

It is gawd awful hot here in summer. I've seen folks put oven mitts on the floor shifter so they can shift gears!

In the north there is 2-3-4 months where it is very cold and in Phoenix there is 2-3-4 months when it is very hot.

Have fun, Dave

OP
OP
ahainline

ahainline

Thanks for the info Dave.. nothing is for sure with the job I kinda just wanted to get an idea as to what I would be getting myself into..plus I didnt want to end up in the hood or something, if there is such a thing around that area. I will check around in the areas you spoke of and see if there is anything going on as far as housing etc.

CougarCJ

Good luck.

There is a huge car culture in the metro Phoenix area. And the cool thing is the car show season starts in October.
If you visit on a weekend, check out Pavillions in Scottsdale on any Saturday night. Pavillions is a shopping center that has a great car show every Saturday around the McDonalds.

OP
OP
ahainline

ahainline

Thanks Cougar!
Unfortunately the interview has been moved to sometime next week. I REALLY hope I get it. We only live life once and I think I would regret it if I didnt at least try! I have a feeling they will think I am not as qualified as I need to be plus I doubt they will want to relocate somebody but we will see.

Another downside is being away from the CS for at least a year or so... I hate to move it out there and then have to move it back in a couple years (g/f doesnt want to stay there for very long). So into storage the CS will go.

franklinair

Too bad. There are some great roads in the PHX area, but you definitely need A/C for the warm months. I used to go to PHX once a year to the Sperry facility, and stayed in the Scottsdale area. Some really good restaurants. But I never found the Lost Dutchman's goldmine:(

Neil

OP
OP
ahainline

ahainline

Update:
As of now everything is on hold, lost my job on Monday so I have just been searching anywhere and everywhere... money is still money as long as its green.

OP
OP
ahainline

ahainline

Thanks Rich!

Have been on the job hunt for about 2 weeks now and havent found much :( Sucks being a new college grad. Have an interview for another job tomorrow though. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Mosesatm

Thanks Rich!

Have been on the job hunt for about 2 weeks now and havent found much :( Sucks being a new college grad. Have an interview for another job tomorrow though. Keeping my fingers crossed!

What's your field?