• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Who's California Special is this????

hotrodgrany

While looking at old 2000 Mustang calender I found this in it, who's is it?

Attachments

• california special 68.JPG
    california special 68.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 48

68gt390

This very car has also been used on a poster that can be purchased. I bought one several years ago and have it hanging in my living room.

Don

GT/CS S Code

I dunno either ...., but I'm glad to see that someone else put white stripes on a red GT/CS! I love that colour combination on ours, but according to the stats, they should probably be black stripes. Anyone happen to know of an original red GT/CS that came with white stripes instead of the black stripes? There is a very rusty and rough looking red GT/CS running around Victoria that looks as if it's never been touched, and it has an old and faded white stripe kit on it. I suspect that the car is all original, but I've never caught up to the owner yet to ask him about his car and it's history.

Attachments

• GT CS S code freshly washed today 018.jpg
    GT CS S code freshly washed today 018.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 23

Mosesatm

How about this one!

Attachments

• GTCS Brochure Cover Small Version.jpg
    GTCS Brochure Cover Small Version.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 13

GT/CS S Code

Yeah, exactly! The info in Paul's book lists a set of black stripes as correct for the candy apple red cars, but they must have installed some white on red combinations. I still think the white stripe set really stands out and gets noticed more .... to heck with "subtle" ....! ;-)

We want the car to be noticed, and the few times we've had it out lately (too much rain up here recently) it does seem to turn quite a few heads. Seems like any of the over 50 drivers I see in passing look over at our '68 and you can just watch the grey matter memory cells rolling back about 40 years.

:grin:

Midnight Special

Yeah, exactly! The info in Paul's book lists a set of black stripes as correct for the candy apple red cars, but they must have installed some white on red combinations. I still think the white stripe set really stands out and gets noticed more .... to heck with "subtle" ....! ;-)

We want the car to be noticed, and the few times we've had it out lately (too much rain up here recently) it does seem to turn quite a few heads. Seems like any of the over 50 drivers I see in passing look over at our '68 and you can just watch the grey matter memory cells rolling back about 40 years.

:grin:

...Yesterday, I had a whole group of "bikers" pull into the li'l market parking lot just as I was leaving. They dis-mounted (12 in all) and approached rather aggressively as I was turning the key. 'Thinkin fight (and lose) or flight, I got it cranked up just as they completely surrounded the car!.... in total amazement and all smiles! I'd never seen such an animated group with SO many Mustang stories of their own! And of course - they all thought I was driving a Shelby! Who was I to argue against those odds?? But so enthusiastic were they, that I shut her down, raised the hood and had a ball telling the whole story. It was more than worth the melted ice cream (and subsequent chewing out) when I got home 30 minutes later ;-)

Ah yes... What it is to drive a CS!

Attachments

• 0465.JPG
    0465.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 32