• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Changing times...

Midnight Special

...This was in my inbox this morning. 'Just thought I would pass it on as another example of why I love classic cars.

Long live the old days and simple ways!
;-)

1968 vs 2008

Scenario: Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.

1968- Vice principal comes over to look at Jack's shotgun. He goes to his own car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
2008- School goes into lock-down, and FBI is called. Jack is hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1968- Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends.
2008- Police called. SWAT team arrives. Johnny and Mark are arrested and charged with assault. Both are expelled even though Johnny started it.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1968- Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the
Principal. He returns to class, sits still, and does not disrupt class again.
2008- Jeffrey is diagnosed with A.D.D. and given huge doses of Ritalin.
Be comes a zombie. School gets extra money from State because Jeffrey has a learning disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1968- Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to
college, and becomes a successful businessman .
2008- Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is placed in
foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist convinces Billy's sister thatshe remembers being abused herself, and their dad goes to prison. Billy's Mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario: Mark has a headache and brings some aspirin to school.

1968- Mark takes aspirin in lunchroom and headache goes away.
2008- Police called. Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. Car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails English in high school.

1968- Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.
2008- Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation isracist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given a diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July,puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a fire ant hill.

1968- Ants die.
2008- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Homeland Security, and FBI called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates parents; siblings are removed from home; computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad goes on Terror Watch List and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher who hugs him to comfort him.

1968 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
2008 - Teacher is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in state prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy.

AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY THIS COUNTRY IS SUCH A MESS ...

Last edited:

franklinair

Amen, brother. I have long felt that we will regulate & legislate ourselves into oblivion.

Neil

Doug

Thanks - after going though security at 2 airports the past couple of days I sometime wish 1968 was still here. But I am sure in 1968 we had other difficulties.

HappyHour

Hey I saw that one too...although there was one additional scenario not sure why your was cut off.

Scenario: Johnny graduates college and goes buys his first California Special Mustang.

1968- Johnny cruises his car at the neighborhood "hop" (or whatever they were called). Crowd gathers and Johnny is the toast of the town for smoking Camaros and Firebirds at the local 1/4 mile.

2008- Johnny has to pay a premium "gas guzzler" tax on his car and everytime he takes his car to the dealer it cost him 200 bucks for a computer to rest his check light. He takes a second job as a valet parking to pay for his gas and "scheduled" maintenance. At work Johnny sees Billy pull up in a very cool 1968 california Special (white with black stripe) and wished he had bought a classic California Special Mustang instead.

:rofl:

Last edited:

Diesel Donna

Very good Robert!!!

I have to admit I was reading too fast and I thought it said Johnny was the toast of the town for smoking Camels...instead of Camaros.
I think my new name is "Duh Donna"

HappyHour

Well I thought is was very timely and couldnt resist poking some fun at the newer CS's especially with the 40th anniversary events!! :grin:

And yes Im sure in '68 johnny had a pack of Camels rolled in his white tshirt sleeve smokin like it would be banned in 40 years.

Yup Tim....will see you in Grass Valley this weekend! Too bad I wont have my CS and or maybe a friends custom classic silver 66 Malibu SS convertible.

There is also a event at Good Guys in Benicia on Sunday I hear. Hmmm.

PonyGal

Isn't that the truth Tim! I got my share of butt whippin's when I was a kid and I turned out okay (???). :grin:

Hey Robert, That's a good one!! Very funny!