• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gas Cards

aemoo28

Hey whatever happened to the post with the idea of putting a hybrid Ford Escape motor into a calspecial mustang? Wasn't that on this forum?

Personally, I'm re-thinking the expense of having to buy the high octane gas for the sc. It's nearly $5 a gallon!

P

PNewitt

uh..that would be me. <<raising hand>>

I don't know why it didn't go anywhere. I sp'ose if Shelby made a hybrid, or something of like technology, everyone would jump up and down, and say "hey--gotta have one".

Cars are 20% metal and plastic, and 80% hype and fashion.

We're in a real mess with energy these days....(thanks, Wash. D.C.). BIG changes are on the horizon. Everyone should enjoy their musclecar while they can.

PMN.

68 GTCS

Its not just Washington, DC. We live in world of rules and regulations. Which is good to keep things in check. ---But being in the oil industry myself I see the noose tighting around the neck of the oil companys (with rules and regulations) in search of higher fines and longer wait times on permits to drill. We the (United States) do not have enough refinerys to handle the demand nor the freedom to even start to tap our own resources.
I will gladly pay the $5.00 a gallon to hit a few cars shows on the weekends before I drive a hybrid Calspl. Just my opinion.

Kevin

Midnight Special

...There is no shortage of resources or American industrial ability. Unfortunately, there's no shortage of politicians either...

Don't give in to "hybrids" just yet - go out and vote instead!

franklinair

Washington & Detroit are going in the wrong direction. I don't want a small econo-box. I want a standard car that gets 30MPG.

1.) Don't legislate or engineer downsizing - engineer a drive line with at least 250 HP, and gets 30MPG.

2.) Drill more oil wells.

3.) Build more refineries.

4.) Build more nuclear power plants.

5.) Burn coal CLEANLY.

6.) Develope alternative fuels.

This country has all the necessay resources - both natural AND intellectually. The only thing lacking is LEADERSHIP.
OK, I'm off my soapbox now.

Neil:frust:

joedls

Washington & Detroit are going in the wrong direction. I don't want a small econo-box. I want a standard car that gets 30MPG.

1.) Don't legislate or engineer downsizing - engineer a drive line with at least 250 HP, and gets 30MPG.

2.) Drill more oil wells.

3.) Build more refineries.

4.) Build more nuclear power plants.

5.) Burn coal CLEANLY.

6.) Develope alternative fuels.

This country has all the necessay resources - both natural AND intellectually. The only thing lacking is LEADERSHIP.
OK, I'm off my soapbox now.

Neil:frust:

You're the MAN, Neil!!!!

68 GTCS

Its more than just leadership, the whole country needs to get on board! Drill, drill, drill, flood the market to get the price down and lower the dependency of imported crude. Build more refineries, and let independent investors find alternative fuels, it will come.... Untill then keep finding new reserves like the Bakken formation in the Williston Basin that holds over 500 billion barrels of reserves, a single well producing 1000 to 3000 barrels per day in this formation. More reserves than Saudi Arabia and Iraq put together! :grin:

I'll get off my 55 gallon drum now:lipsseal:
Kevin

franklinair

And I forgot to add: We send $700BILLION a year to a part of the world that is not our friend.
Our country has enough oil & coal to be TOTALLY self sufficient. We have some of the brightest engineers & intellectuals in the world. If the elected dumkopfs ever wake up, we could again become a respected world leader BY EXAMPLE - not force.
I gotta get off this thread!!!

Neil

Midnight Special

,,,Yeah Neil! GET OFF THIS THREAD and go run for President!

rvSteve would make a good VP.
Donna - Secretary of Transportation.
Arlie - Secretary of Interior ('cuz he knows the country real well by now).
David and Joe in charge of the Military ('cuz they're our best street fighters)....

I don't know... Any other ideas??

Oh, and who's our guy whose always lookin' to buy but never does?...
...:Classicsguy! Let's make him Secretary of the Treasury!

'Just kidding.

;-)))

respectfully,

Mosesatm

Here is a list of the countries from which we import oil and the quanities we import from each.

CANADA 1,840
SAUDI ARABIA 1,579
MEXICO 1,116
VENEZUELA 1,030
NIGERIA 851
IRAQ 583
ANGOLA 464
ALGERIA 440
BRAZIL 318
KUWAIT 263
COLOMBIA 245
ECUADOR 162
RUSSIA 119
LIBYA 96
EQUATORIAL GUINEA 93

franklinair

Sorry Tim- too little too late. I'd need the next 4 years to raise $200Mil+/-, and by then I'll be as old as McCain is now. If he wins, I'm sure he'll be a one term Pres. because of his age, and the drain that office puts on any occupant. If Obama wins, I'm sure he'll also be a one term Pres., as he'll have everthing so screwed up. (Does the term FUBAR ring a bell?)

Sooo, I'll just have to be content playing with my Mustangs, running our little airport, and 2nd guessing all of our WONDERFUL elected officials!! Besides, if I were the Chief Executive, I'd have half the Congress impeached & locked up!

Neil (AKA Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda)