• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

65 Fastback

68 GTCS

I have'nt been on line for months so I have missed alot of information on the Paul's book etc. So, I thought I would get on again and pick your brains on my recent purchase. I bought a bard find 1965 Fastback 289 A code, build date Sept. 11, 1964, I was reading about them on several web sights and learned that they didn't release any info. to the public about the fastback until Sept. 25th 1964. Does anyone know what day for sure that they started production on the Fastback? and what vin number that they started from? I was told it was the first of Sept. that they started production. This is the earliest one I have seen it has the 64 1/2 front end on the car and the person I bought it from said he had it from 1973. He bought it from his sister. This car still has the original radio, rally pac, hub caps etc. Any info would be great.

Thanks
Kevin