• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

California Special on Ebay ????

Mustanglvr

A Marti report would be helpful. It is an early car according to the vin number and rear quarter panel reflectors. The car looks to be in good condition, just needs to get it`s GT/CS identifying parts back.:eek: :icon_redf :undecided

joedls

I'm in the area if someone wants to make arrangements for me to inspect it for them. Looks like the scoops are in the backseat and the car was previously red.

carezcs

VIN indicates it should be a C code 289. Definitely would want to see a Marti report to see what else is not correct. Have my doubts about the mileage too!
Bruce

speedy02

Scoops are in the back seat. Looks like the car was at one time resell red.

HappyHour

I kinda like the "stealth" non striping CalSPecial look like that white one from the NWA Roundup. But definitely need to get them hoodlocks, fogs, and scooperz sorted.

Its got upper console but no lower? Would it have the lower? So does the interior have signs that denote 68 verse 67? Cant see door handles...or hood lock holes. The grill looks like a 67/68CS type which would mean its got a chance? Isnt there a S hose to look for?

franklinair

Without a Marti, no thanks. Probably needs a strip & paint. No photos of bottom side. Lotsa question marks here.
(Robert - what S hose are you referring to?)

Neil

HappyHour

Im losing it...maybe I was thinking of some random discussion about Shelby's or bigger engines there was a S shaped hose as defining characteristic?

Okay if not Im gonna go talk to myself now or go bend my radiator hose into a S to keep sane. :scared:

Mosesatm

Would`nt an S hose be something to look for on a 390 engine?

Yes, if everyone is talking about an S-tube, the blue metal pipe that goes from the exhaust manifold to the air cleaner. Small blocks had them, too.

aemoo28

Thanks for the Roundup plug Hap! I posted pics for everyone to see, plus a video stream that's super long with all our CS cars. Go find that link.

I'll go back to my quiet corner now... shhh...

HappyHour

Thats it!! Yes sorry...I had 390 on the brain....which had nothing to do with the CS on this thread.

And yes Amy thanks for all the work on the Roundup pix and especially movies. Eye candy! :wink:

cnassif

could be worth it if engine is serial number match and can be rebuilt (if necessary). Funny that the Marti report posted shows original color was Acapulco blue but clearly was repainted red (see trunk interior) and then painted again (probably cheaply). Air Filter seems too big (cover doesn't close), scoop missing, stripes, hood locks, fog lights and missing trunk and engine stickers (probably painted over).

Mustanglvr

could be worth it if engine is serial number match and can be rebuilt (if necessary).

The listing says it has a 302, but it`s a C code (289) The serial number would`nt match.

This is an extremely early GT/CS. Could it be one of the first promotional cars?

Last edited:

franklinair

A possibly good project car, based on a visual inspection to see if any significant rust issues exist. Would more than likely require a stip job, as its obviously had two paint jobs since the original blue color. More than likely used as a driver with no attention to the original C/S configuration. I did notice it has P/B which was not on the Marti, but I think that's a plus. Too far away from me, and I'm out of the total restoration mode anyway.

Neil