• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Heart Attack Grill

clubpro

Doug,

Having had my heart shocked back into rhythm the Monday before Christmas I still had to laugh at the video. I'm sure that the restaurant is very successful. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

Cheers,

Ron

clubpro

Yes Tim I am serious. It was my second trip to emergency in the last eight months. I go to the cardiologist on Friday for a stress test and echocardiogram.

Cheers,

Ron

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

Doug,

Having had my heart shocked back into rhythm the Monday before Christmas I still had to laugh at the video. I'm sure that the restaurant is very successful. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

Cheers,

Ron

Ron so sorry to hear about your "scare". The positive thing is that you (they) are doing some tests and you'll be on the road to recovery. If only one person sees this video and "thinks" a little about what they eat than it's worth the watching. As my wife would say "truth in humor" and yes I am sure they are very successful.

aemoo28

"Quick- check that V-TACH in lead II, confirm in lead III. Oh sh*t get the paddles. GET A LINE IN! Charging to 300! I'm clear/you're clear/everybody clear! Compressions! Epi 1mg! Rapid intubation! NG tube! Get that burger out of his decompressed stomach!"

OUR P51

Doug,

Thanks for posting this, will forward to our club Pres. to get a cruise down there. There's some guys that would really enjoy the nursing help with eating!

Donna,

This picture is for you. 3 guys from our club and I did that "cruise" up 89A to Prescott last April 19, the day of the 40 year GT/CS Anniversary. This was one of the vehicles on display in the square at Prescott, along with some wonderful antique and classic Fire Engines. The interior was really nice and I have a few pics of the inside too. PM me and I'll send them to you. See below.

Ron,

Hang in there, I'll be praying for you. 25 years ago I went through some thing similar. Eventually got a clean slate from my Cardiologist. I was too "stressed". That was funny.

Might have had something to do with me dating a Sicilian girl in Scranton PA. At that time, I lived in close to Stroudsburg. I was a property manager for a good friend of mine, who along with his wife had driven to Florida in their 1970 Mustang convertible. When they got back he very nicely asked me how I managed to put more miles on their Audi and Buick in the time they were gone, than they did going to FL and back in the Mustang.

I explained "Well there was this girl, see and... she lived in Scranton. Her Uncle wouldn't let me take her out for a date unless her brother went along, and I wanted to show them where I lived. They liked it down here (I hooked her brother up good so he'd really want to come along and leave us alone!) so for privacy and quality time I had to drive up and to Scranton to pick them up, bring them down here, and then take them back home. A lot. Of highway miles." He was actually fine with all that mileage as he knew I took really good care of his cars.

And high test truck stop coffee in very large cups. Hence the "stress" .i.e caffeine. I remember having all the windows down so I would be freezing cold to help me stay awake on the way home when all that high test coffee didn't work. To this day I can still sleep very well after several cups of coffee.

What happened to the girl you ask? Well, she went back to Sicily, I went to Germany shortly after she left, we exchanged a few letters and she eventually got married and then we just stopped writing.

While in Germany I had to take a rider out on my health insurance, cost a small fortune at least to me as a freelance airbrush artist back then. I eventually got fed up with the heart stuff (I saw what my Mom went through) and stopped refilling the heart meds. Been fine ever since.

Ahh, the halycon days of youth. I haven't dusted off those memories in many years. Good thing we all get better with age, and get Mustangs! Thanks for the memories Ron!

BTW Mom is also fine, (still taking her heart meds) and together we put 1000+ miles on her car a few weeks back when I had to go back east for week of work. Mom picked me up on Thurs. night, near Philly and we attempted a run up to Montreal, only to abort the mission and head to her place near Stroudsburg due to the freezing rain and snow storm that knocked out several hundred thousands of people's power out, and to appease my lovely wife and sister who were calling us to advise of changing weather conditions.

Friday 11 am the storm blew out, so off we went to Montreal to see some great friends I haven't seen in 4 years. Was really good to have all that quality time one on one with Mom to talk about everything and looking at the trees, bending under the ice and then snow, as we went up I-87. We also passed a convoy of 25 Utility Co. bucket trucks going elsewhere to help out.

Saturday we had to drive back, stop in Jersey to see more good friends for an hour, then back to Philly to drop off a truck key, and on to Harrisburg to overnight with my sister by midnight. Sunday morning we 3 stopped at my cousins to have a mini family reunion, for an hour, (my cousin and his son each have a Mustang!) then off to Philly airport to head back home to blue sky and sunshine. Mom is still quite the road warrior.

Hope you all have a blessed New Year!

Attachments

• DSC02344CS.jpg
    DSC02344CS.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 15

clubpro

Thanks to Mark and everyone else that has wished me good health. I had my stress test today along with the echocardiogram and everything went well. I won't have the results until Wednesday, but the lady that gave me the test said that if there had been anything questionable they would not have let me leave the office. I have started excercising more and have changed the way that I eat which is very heart smart. Getting off of the heart meds is my number one goal. Thanks again everybody!

Cheers,

Ron

clubpro

Hi gang,

I received the results of my stress test and echocardiogram and both were normal. Good news! So it looks like I'm going to have to exercise more to help deal with the stress from my job. You would think that being a golf pro wouldn't be very stressful, but our course is in bankruptcy and jobs have been eliminated and those responsibilities have been given to the employees that are still working. So I now have two full time jobs that have to be done in a 50 hour week. Oh well it beats unemployment.

Thanks for all of your messages and thoughts and prayers they are much appreciated!

Cheers,

Ron

Midnight Special

...Hey Ron, that's great news! Many great people like yourself suffer such conditions because they give, give, give and don't spend enough time enjoying life's journey...

As for exercise - how about demoting yourself from the pro shop to the fairways for awhile... 'Might be better to be a "caddy" than to wind up riding in one like Donna's ;-)