• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Here kitty, kitty.

rvrtrash

There I was, minding my own business, not bothering anyone, and it followed me home. Can I keep it? Please!!!!!

Steve

Attachments

• 2009_02020004.JPG
    2009_02020004.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 2009_02020005.JPG
    2009_02020005.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 43

CougarCJ

1970 Mercury Cougar - Standard Hardtop

Yes,
In another dimension I belong to a Classic Cougar forum.

mercurycougar.net

You are most welcome to join.

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

'70 Cougar XR7, 351-2v Windsor, auto, air, a little rust, bad rod bearing. A friend of mine needed to get rid of it because of storage issues and was just going to give it to me. I counter-offered considerably higher and we eventually settled on $500. Strangest negotiation you ever saw, with the buyer trying to drive the price up and the seller trying to drive it down, but what are friends for, right? I'll check out the Cougar website. There's a couple of things I need to get for it. Tim, sorry bud. I swerved left, faked right and came back to the left, sped up, slowed down, just couldn't seem to get it off my tail. It was weird, like it was hooked to my bumper or something.

Steve

Joe, you should be hoping I live a lot longer. The longer I'm around, the more I seem to accumulate, the more you get when I croak. Congrats on the wheelie, by the way. :grin:

Dad

franklinair

Steve;
You must live near the beach. Couldn't help but notice all that white sand in the background.:cool:

Neil

PS: '70 Cougars are one of my favorites.

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

The XR7 medallion is missing from the rear sail panel, makes it look like a non-XR7.
QUOTE]

My buddy took them off so they wouldn't "disappear". I have them in a box.

The "sand" is great stuff. It's down to about 2 feet deep but it took me 3 days of shoveling after work to dig a path 10 feet wide and 60 feet long to get to my trailer. The car will have to sit on the trailer until spring because I don't feel like digging another 100' to my shop.

Steve

franklinair

Oh, you slacker. You could have that car half done by springtime:wink:
Amy's willing to help in making more room in your shop. She's all heart!!

Neil

CougarCJ

Don't hate on me, I love Mustangs too.

The XR7 is a great value on a Cougar.

Often times at car shows I get asked "Why a Cougar?"

When I am wearing my Cougar shirt and hat, I look them straight in the eye and tell them that "This is a thinking man's Mustang."
I wait until they give me that look......
alien.gif
.......then, I declare "The XR7 normally came with disc brakes, power steering, air conditioning, console, leather bucket seats, woodgrain dash, and full instrumentation with tachometer. Plus, they never came with a 6 cylinder engine."
"...and they cost on average 50-75%, less than a Mustang coupe."

Midnight Special

...Nothin' wrong with a Cougar! I'm just not ready to lose people like Steve to that "thinking man's" club while people like me sit around & figure out why fuel gauges don't work, headlights flash with the turn signals and AM radios that become nothing more than audible tachometers....

The 351W is also one of my favorite motors. I put 196K (high school & beyond) hard miles on one, then replaced it with a second-hand Windsor from a Cougar that went another 40K before the rest of the car wore out... This donor Cougar (sadly) was an immaculate convertible loved by an old man who had a huge pine fall and flatten his garage and car :-(

CALIF GIRL

Nice car Dad!

My big bro Joe thinks he gets everything cuz he is the son,
But we all know daddys love their precious daughters wayyy more..

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Nice car Dad!

My big bro Joe thinks he gets everything cuz he is the son,
But we all know daddys love their precious daughters wayyy more..

Of course. The son gets the projects and the daughter gets the finished cars. Of course, in my case, I have way more projects than finished.

Dad (Trying to keep peace in the family. I need a drink! :tongue: )

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I'm just not ready to lose people like Steve to that "thinking man's" club :-(

Don't worry Tim, I don't think anyone has ever accused me of being a "thinking man".

Hey it just dawned on me, I have two "cats" now.

Steve

robert campbell

Cool Car!!!

The day after Christmas, my neighbors watched me shovel a "Mustang wide" path of "one foot of sand" from my driveway to my shop so I could swap my Fastback with the GT/CS and start the blower conversion.

I am sure they thought I was nuts!!! Gotta love that sand....

Rob