• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'68 Convert DONE

franklinair

Here's the '68 conv I just finished. New 302 4V, Radiator, all new hoses (brakes, P/S, fuel) all new steel lines (brakes, fuel), Edelbrock intake & carb, front suspension, 1" sway bar, export brace, brakes, deluxe interior. Had a lot of fun doing this one. The dual exhaust is my own doing: '65 GT trim, cut in half, cut out valance to match. Tips are stainless, from Advance Auto. MANY parts from Ron - a BIG help.
Just in time for Spring in the mountains!!

Neil

Last edited:

Mustanger

Very Niiiiice!!! :thumb: ... Now you need to cruise around w/ the top down, of course :wink: ...

CougarCJ

Quality work there Neil.

I like the tachometer, would the non-clock lens fit in that hole?

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

CJ,

The non-clock lens will fit OK. Might have to drill a hole in the lens (I think that's what I did for my C/S.) I left the original clock lens in the conv (cost control!!). Some folks just leave the clock lens in place, as I did.
The tachs are a quality item, highly recommended. Mustangs Unlimited carries them ($99+/-). E-bay has them listed by the mfr in Australia ($88+/- + shipping). A good unit, E-Z installation, 6K or 8K range.

Neil

nfrntau

Well done
Your timeing is perfect for the nice weather coming up.
Make sure you keep a hat with you. Nothing worse than burning the top of your head. Ask me how I know. lol

PonyGal

Very nice!!! I love that color! You did a great job and I hope you can get some nice weather soon to take it out for a spin.

GTCSMustang

Neil,

The car is beautiful. Really came out great. No trunk pictures? I assume that you are embarrassed because you don't have a shiny, new J-bolt. I have a solution for you. I just got done making them. Don't even have them on my website yet. Let me know if you need one. $14.95/each. I doubt you could get one plated for that. Sorry for the shameless plug.

The car really does look very nice.

Scott

Attachments

• J-Bolt for Website-1.jpg
    J-Bolt for Website-1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 26