• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

unauthorized use of picture of my car

Goldie

???If you look at the decals for a 68 GT/CS mustang for sale for 6.00 , you will see it is for ebay and the person shows two GT/CS's . one red and then mine, I guess I am pretty stupid to think that if someone wanted to use my photo that they would do the ethical thing and email me first. Has anyone else had this happen??

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, it's happened a few times before causing me to add the disclaimer at the bottom of the gallery pages telling people to email the owner before using their images.

If you don't want them using it I would contact the seller and ask that they remove it. If they don't then contact eBay. They will close auctions if there is a copyright infringement.

bish

The same guy has used my car before to sell his HCS decal kit. I kind of find it flattering that he would use a picture of my car. Heck, I actually bought one for the model I'm building.

I have realized a long time ago that ANTHING I post on the internet is fair game as far is this kind of thing goes. IMHO there is no way to police this kind of thing. If I did not want pictures of my car on the "net" I'd never would have posted them.
Not trying to start a debate about this, just an opinion from another this has happened to as well.

I did see a person selling a clock on ebay with Mark Hartman's HCS on it, now that would upset me a little bit more as that person is selling an item with his car on it for profit. I wondered when I saw that one if he gave his permission on the clock.

OP
OP
G

Goldie

Anything may be fair game but the ethical thing to do would be to ask permission first don't you think.

bish

[quote author=Goldie link=board=4;threadid=817;start=0#msg4559 date=1077641296]
Anything may be fair game but the ethical thing to do would be to ask permission first don't you think.
[/quote]

Goldie,

Like I said I did not want to debate the issue, and yes I agree with your statement, however as we have seen in the past on this site (Mr. Shelby Dallas), we just can't expect other people to play fair on the "net".
Please don't get the wrong idea about my reply, I totally respect your opinion on this ;)
Take care!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Bish brings up a good point. It's one thing to use someone's image as an example, but it's even worse if you actually sell a product with that image on it (ie. the clocks)

And Goldie you're correct that either way they should ask first.

Just email them. I've found that most people don't even realize it's a problem, but once they do they'll take care of it.