• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Crane Cams Out of Business

Mosesatm

Crane cams closed their doors and their assets were auctioned off April 22nd.

franklinair

What a shame. They used to make good products. I used to go to their OLD shop near Ft Lauderdale, FL back in the late 50's when they were just getting going. We used their cams in the old Ford flatheads in the early days of NASCAR. (I still have my original NASCAR membership pin from 1956 - I forged my application, saying I was 21 when I was only 16!)

Neil

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

What a shame. They used to make good products. I used to go to their OLD shop near Ft Lauderdale, FL back in the late 50's when they were just getting going. We used their cams in the old Ford flatheads in the early days of NASCAR. (I still have my original NASCAR membership pin from 1956 - I forged my application, saying I was 21 when I was only 16!)

Neil

Crane has been an icon forever.

My engine builder installed a Melling cam in my engine. I didn't even know they made cams but he swears by them.

BroadwayBlue

Neil

Sounds like Neil may have some good back in the day stories he could share with us :cool: