• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted: Grill for GT/CS

68sunlitgold

robyn,
Are you just looking for the grille or are you also needing the light supports? You can get a 67 grille and modify it at any classic Mustang parts dealer, or even look on ebay for one (it may be a good idea to get an original 67 grille because the metal is alittle bit thicker and stronger). If you are looking for the grille supports, they are no longer made, however I believe there where some repos made but I don't remember the company (maybe Orlando Mustang?), someone on the site will remember. There is also someone on ebay that is selling complete grilles (look at this threads posting: http://californiaspecial.com/forums/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=852 ). I hope this helps.
Doug

68gt390

Robyn;
The posting that Doug refers to was posted by myself. Before you decide which way to go in regards to getting your grille read all the posts. Yes, I had problems in getting the grille but, once I received it, the quality is very good and as I said in my final post, "If parts I need for my car are offered by this person I will do business with him again." Just to let you know, I have ordered another grille from him just to have a spare. As for Orlando Mustang having grilles, I checked with them at the 40th Celebration and they do not have them neither does Tony Branda Performance (they do however carry the fiberglass parts).

Don

OP
OP
R

robynGTCS

Thank you so much for the info! I'm going to order the grill and keep my od one. Maybe I can find someone to repair it.

OP
OP
R

robynGTCS

I'm thinking about it. Probably won't bring my car but I woud like to see some other GT/CS. Are you bringing your car?

RacingFan

Yep, she gets a little cranky if I don't take her out to see her friends.....lol. Errr.....hmmm....was that my wife, or my car??? I can't remember, they are both tempermental and expensive...HEHE...and I love them both dearly! (If she happens to see this post!)

Kurt

If your original brackets are still good they can be installed in a modified 67 grille. I even used the original style aluminum rivets in the last one I restored.