• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

upper tail light panel mounting

dbeal

I'm finally back to work on my GTCS after a 2 year break and am getting ready to mount the fiberglass tail light panel. The original was broken and missing with only the bottom portion of the panel attached. The upper was completely missing. The sheet metal tail light panel was replaced with new sheetmetal so I don't have any previous mounting points to go by. Can someone please post a picture of where the upper screws attach the fiberglass panel to the metal tail light panel?

Thanks

Darrell

GT/CS S Code

Photo ...

Hi Darrell,

Don't know if this shows you enough detail, but does this help?

Cheers,

Al & Laurie
aka
GT/CS S Code

Attachments

• IMG_1594 resized.jpg
    IMG_1594 resized.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1605 resized.jpg
    IMG_1605 resized.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 45

J_Speegle

I'm finally back to work on my GTCS after a 2 year break ............... I don't have any previous mounting points to go by. Can someone please post a picture of where the upper screws attach the fiberglass panel to the metal tail light panel?

Pretty simple oval headed phillips screws finished in phosphate and oil. Remember the black cord chalking between the panel and the metal taillight panel along the top edge

Hope these help

CalSpecTLScrews.jpg

CalSpecTLChalk.jpg

murf104

Can someone post a clear image of the screws? Not sure that mine have not been replaced and would love to see in detail just what screws Ford used when this panel was installed. And secondly, is the strip caulking visible when looking - does it squeeze out or is there just a gap showing when opening the trunk? Any detailed pictures of this detail from unrestored cars? Thanks!

rvrtrash

Here's what mine looks like, although the phosphate is pretty worn. When I put my tail light panel back on, I used 3M strip caulk, and it shouldn't show, although mine does a little at one corner.

Steve

Attachments

• 2008_09070001.JPG
    2008_09070001.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 32

murf104

Do those little screws show up in any ford material? Mine are not like this and IF they were available from AMK it would be great. Anybody have a part number for these, or are there any variations used in production?

J_Speegle

Can someone post a clear image of the screws? Not sure that mine have not been replaced and would love to see in detail just what screws Ford used when this panel was installed. And secondly, is the strip caulking visible when looking - does it squeeze out or is there just a gap showing when opening the trunk? Any detailed pictures of this detail from unrestored cars? Thanks!

Sorry the pictures are not clearer (both are original paint cars above)

Have seen some original cars were the chalking was slightly visible btu generally not (same goes for the 67-68 Shelby application)

Will look through the hardware boxes and try and dig out a couple of screws and take some better pictures