• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

50th Anniversary Party

mbsf1970

I found an airfare I could live with ($350 round trip nonstop) from ATL to LNK. But the Courtyard/Lincoln hotel @ $200 per night (3 nights) is a deal breaker. Too bad. I was looking forward to meeting everyone.

Neil

Neil,
there are other hotels.....
I'm thinking of going (arriving thurs night) and staying 2 nights....leaving mid day Saturday. Also saw the price of a few of those hotels....If it works out, I'll be staying a little further away than walking distance.
Stephen

franklinair

:grin::grin:My trip is ON. Was able to secure the hotel reservation for me at the Courtyard, flight has been booked, and Peggy is accompanying me. REALLY looking forward to this.

Neil

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Do we have a full list of everyone who is attending?
I’ll be there but without a car.

Last edited:

Ruppstang

Marty Rupp 2 HCS
Wayne Rupp 1 HCS 1GTCS
John Murphy 1 GTCS
Donna Culwell 1 GTCS
William Norman 1 GTCS
Stan & Ruth Bentley 1 GTCS
Tim Christensen 1 GTCS
Bob & Dan Teets 2 HCS 1 GTCS
Ricky Knapik 1 GTCS
Barry Mathis 1 HCS
Stephen & (Doug)?1 GTCS

Neil and Arlie are fly ins.

I think this is everyone. How Cool will that display be?
Travel safe everyone, see you soon.
Marty

mbsf1970

Is anyone up for dinner Thursday night? Still hoping to stop by Thursday night and maybe stay till 1 pm on .friday.
stephen

Mosesatm

Donna and I just passed someone towing a yellow HCS at the Colorado Nebraska border.

TraveledGTCS

I just arrived. Staying at the Belmont Motel. A bit late for the dinner meet if there is one.

Hope to see you all tomorrow or the next days.

Bill

franklinair

Peggy & I will be arriving Friday nite, flying into Lincoln on Delta @ 1030PM.

Neil

mbsf1970

Weather has made my decision to stay or not for me. I had decided to stay extra night but Doug hates thundershowers.
Gotta see about my muffler in a.m. Sounds quite loud at the front end....then off to show from 8-11 depending on muffler, then I have to beat the weather to Cheyenne Wyoming.

Met Rick and his son Cameron on road here today. His Bonnie and Clyde car is quite delicious!! 390 4V. It's weird passing another gt/cs while driving! Also had a sore left arm from all the Mustangs I had to wave to as they passed in mini convoys---oh those MODERN cars!!
Stephen

Ricky Knapik

Well, I'm just stumbling onto this thread. Good thing I didnt miss the show!

Attachments

• Steven driving by.jpg
    Steven driving by.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 2 gtcs's.jpg
    2 gtcs's.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 80