• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Nor-Cal Bar-B-Q - More Pictures

CJ

A special thanks to Mike and Robinette along with our GT/CS godfather, Paul Newitt for making this a truly “California Special” gathering nestled in the beautiful mountains of California gold country. The only time one would have seen this many GT/CS’s would have been coming off of the production line. Needless to say there was an abundance of good food and really neat folks, some of who traveled a considerable distance. A special thanks to you folks. It was really great to put a face with the names from www.californiaspecial.com. I hope everyone made his or her trip home safely. Here are some random pictures I took at the gathering. Enjoy!

Claude & Beth Sprinkel

IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e286/GTCS/P8200097.jpg[/IMG]
P8200100.jpg

P8200103.jpg

P8200105.jpg

P8200113.jpg

P8200114.jpg

P8200116.jpg

P8200119.jpg

P8200120.jpg

P8200124.jpg

P8200127.jpg

P8200128.jpg

P8200132.jpg

P8200131.jpg

P8200126.jpg

P8200133.jpg

P8200134.jpg

P8200135.jpg

P8200136.jpg

a0385405.jpg

8cf9564b.jpg

25d81058.jpg

b02523ca.jpg

d6879d30.jpg

0aa2316c.jpg

a54ee647.jpg

6ed8cade.jpg

b792be61.jpg

Midnight Special

Diesel Donna said:
Great pictures CJ!!!!

BIG DITTO Claude!

You captured the true comaradery present at this historic event!
One good turn deserves another, however... ;-) It was really nice meeting you and Beth there too!

P.S. I won't say anything, but I'll bet it was your fault that the site went down! I was in the middle of viewing your thread when it quit! ;-)
"good time" overload!!!!

Attachments

• IM001685.JPG
    IM001685.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
P

PNewitt

Certainly some "candid" shots, Claude. You must be a professional photog on the side, right? You did catch that great linup of the cars.

You caught me in a "too-serious" moment..

Poor Al....It looks like I'm gristling or something at him...while "wrestling" my tripod. Yikes!

No, no, I'm really a happy guy!

:) :)

Paul.

mmarsalone

Paul,

Are any of the group shots going to make it into the new book? I think we could get a handful of cars together for a Midwest gathering and get you a group shot from us. How about it PFSLIM(Paul S.), BBeaty(Brian B), Perchiko(Steve), and any other Midwest CSs? We could meet in Jeff City, seems like a good middle place for at least the four of us.

Then there's a loty of CSs in the Houston area too, a Lone Star gathering?

Last edited:

Mustang68Mx

Great! really nice pics, looks like lots of fun back there... I'm glad that you have that kind of "friendship". Congratulations to all you.

Ahh and BTW Great GT/CS Pres. Blue with Gold Stripes... the Wim White with red stripes... omg All of the cars .. lots of great looking cars... again... congratulations!

P

PNewitt

One thing I got from the event was that this may lead to more parties, get togethers, etc., not only with the No. Calif. group, but in So. Calif, and other spots across the country. This is why I (tongue in cheek) suggested a cross-country GT/CS BBQ Tour for 2008!!

Who knows what will happen?? I'm all for it. We owe Mike and Robinette (and Tim!) a lot of graditude for beginning this idea.

Maybe the No. Calif group could meet up with the So. Cal folks somewhere "halfway" down the state. One idea was Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

Sure! Do a get together--and I'll include the pics in the new book, under the chapter about the registry--and ownership today. That would be very cool!

Thanks!

Paul N.

Mustanglvr

Great pics everybody! Looks like a good day was had by all and it sounds like it was`nt without a little excitement. Hope to meet up with you all someday! Beautiful cars and very friendly looking people!

case12

mmarsalone said:
Paul,

Are any of the group shots going to make it into the new book? I think we could get a handful of cars together for a Midwest gathering and get you a group shot from us. How about it PFSLIM(Paul S.), BBeaty(Brian B), Perchiko(Steve), and any other Midwest CSs? We could meet in Jeff City, seems like a good middle place for at least the four of us.

I would like a midwest gathering (nothing like the volume in No. Cal though). How far is Jeff City (I dont know where that is) from Chicago? I would be trailering my car. Thx, Casey

BroadwayBlue

Great pics! Looks like a great time was had by all. Makes me a little disappointed I'm not closer.

That ladder rig looked a little scary! :eek: Was it just a pole holding up the ladder?

Mustanglvr

Could someone try to name the people in the photos? I can`t tell who`s who.

PFSlim

mmarsalone said:
Paul,

Mike

We should try to get together. I am trailering my car to NE Missouri on Sept 9th weekend for a car show at my hometown. Town is called Edina, MO. Otherwise, it would be good to get together in the middle of the state!!

Paul

Diesel Donna

case12 said:
I would like a midwest gathering (nothing like the volume in No. Cal though). How far is Jeff City (I dont know where that is) from Chicago? I would be trailering my car. Thx, Casey

Isn't it Jefferson City? Maybe that's why Casey can't find it...using the nickname instead of the full name....?

Diesel Donna

BroadwayBlue said:
Great pics! Looks like a great time was had by all. Makes me a little disappointed I'm not closer.

That ladder rig looked a little scary! :eek: Was it just a pole holding up the ladder?

Rich, I believe that is called an orchard ladder...used for gathering fruit in the orchards.We were holding on to it for the climbers!

BroadwayBlue

Diesel Donna said:
Rich, I believe that is called an orchard ladder...used for gathering fruit in the orchards.We were holding on to it for the climbers!

That is what it looks like ... I think I've seen them at the apple orchards here in NY now that you mention it.

Still hope you were holding on tight in any case! :wink:

somethingspecial

Mustanglvr said:
Could someone try to name the people in the photos? I can`t tell who`s who.

OK, let's start at the top,
Photo's
1) Diesle Donna, Tim Davis, Joedls, and his brother Edward.
2) Me and my lovely wife Robinette.
3) Ron and Liz Normandin
4) L to R, David Allen, Jim Risdal, Steve Bloomfield, Vicky Cross and Al Angulo, Roy Christianson, Jeff Miller (Miller511) and son Josh, and Ron Moore (Clubpro)
5) Crowd!?!?!
6) L to R, Pauls other half Leia, Joe, Paul, and I
7) Crowd, Young man in red shirt is Tim O'Briens (midnight special) son TJ.
8) Tim O'Brien and Robinette
9) Cars, I'm sorry, I don't remember their names, but I'm sure they were something very special.
10) L to R, Jim Risdal, Ryan Risdal, back to camara is Ron Moore, Big Bad George Miller, Roy Christianson, Al Angulo.
11) Paul Newitt
12) Ron Moore
13) Crowd.
14) Fruit Pickers. Yes, that is an orchard ladder, the idea of the one leg is stick through the branches of a fruit tree and go right up the middle of the tree. The three legs are great on uneven ground.
15) Roy Christianson, Ron Moore, and Bruce Holtze
16) I can't remember, It's all a blur, Ha Ha. The gentleman on the left is Robert Murphy, aka Sarge.

I hope this helps. All A#1 folks, and proud to call them friends. Mike

Last edited: