• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 seattle 1968 GT/CS, movie star

aemoo28

I was approached by a member of a film crew interested in filming my '68 in a local production. It's not a major motion picture; but it was my honor to accept the offer. Shooting begins in August.

It's about a man, a woman, and a car. Let's hear it for the GT/CS!

hookedtrout

Do they have full disclosure on the cars history? Just kidding that's pretty awesome, keep us posted.

green56

filming car

IF and when your car gets in the film let us know were and when we can see the film good job

68 special

Let us know when and where so we can come and watch Satan strut her stuff.. Congrats

Bret

J.Bart

i guess the question should be asked.......
is it a horror flick???
Maximum Overdrive 2???

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Congrats Amy! That will be a lot of fun and a great story at future shows.

I really don't mean to sound negative, but be sure to read their contract/agreement carefully and verify that either your insurance or theirs covers any damage. I've unfortunately heard stories where vehicles used for movie shoots weren't treated very well (camera men sitting on the roof to get that perfect shot, equipment leaned against the car, etc.) and there was no recourse for the car owner.

If it's just going to be a one day shoot I'd try really hard to be there while they film. You can keep an eye on Satan and it will be a blast to watch the start of her acting career!

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

I know the producer, and it will be filmed near Chelan (sp) in the woods.

During the brainstorming sessions Jenn (my co-captain who flew to SoCa to retrieve Satan) suggested my car, showed her off, and ta da!

The car's role has been reviewed, and I'm ok with everything so far. I will be nearby and will protect this car.

And yes, I am very protective of this car-even with her dark history :wink:

Thank you all for your well wishes. I will keep you posted.

Midnight Special

Congrats Amy! That will be a lot of fun and a great story at future shows.

I really don't mean to sound negative, but be sure to read their contract/agreement carefully and verify that either your insurance or theirs covers any damage. I've unfortunately heard stories where vehicles used for movie shoots weren't treated very well (camera men sitting on the roof to get that perfect shot, equipment leaned against the car, etc.) and there was no recourse for the car owner.

If it's just going to be a one day shoot I'd try really hard to be there while they film. You can keep an eye on Satan and it will be a blast to watch the start of her acting career!

Ditto! Get a certificate naming you as "additional insured" on their policy. I too had a friend who loaned a classic to a movie only to have it thrashed by their movie driver with no recourse. That film went bust and was never aired. Most movies need drama and an exciting car as Amy's could be a source... Just know in advance what you're getting into.

CougarCJ

Amy, that sounds like it would be fun.

I know the guy who lent his Cougar for the filming of the movie From Dusk 'til Dawn.

He was on location for much of the shoot, he even showed George Clooney how to shift the multi rod shifter.

In order to get the right look without so much reflection from the paint, they actually sprayed the car with WD-40, and then used shovels of dirt to give it that 'dusty' look.

Mark said that his contract promised that they would have the car detailed or repainted if anything was damaged. He said that $15 in quarters at the coin wash cleaned it up fine. That Cougar is still wearing the same paint as when they filmed the movie.

Mustanger

Very Cool ... make sure to take some pic's (or video) yourself of the action :thumb: ...

J.Bart

with your cars history, the film crew better get medical insurance, and they better be nice
or satan may get even with them.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Look here, Bart. She didn't do a darn thing to you as passenger, did she now? Even fit all your car signs in her trunk.

She really has turned over a new leaf.

robert campbell

Satan is just a big ole black pussy cat. Harmless! Behaves like a good Ford should! Easy to repair, easy to work on, and dependable beyond all other cars!

Rob

Mustanglvr

Congratulations Amy! Make sure Satan gets her name in the credits!:smile: