• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Sunlit Gold at Russo and Steele Saturday

somethingspecial

Sunlit Gold car damaged by wind.

I just got off the phone with Jim Chism, the owner of the car and he told me his car was in the tent that collapsed. The fire marshal finally let one representative of the owners in to survey the damage. A friend of Jim's went in and said the car suffered damage down one side. Jim didn't know how bad the damage is, could be a total loss or just a repaint. He will be loading it up today for the trip home and he will email me pics. I will post it here when I get them. Let us keep a good thought damage is low. Mike

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Man is that depressing. What a gorgeous car with a great history. Hopefully it's a repaint and all the insurance is in place.

I live only a couple miles from the Russo Steele auction. The wind was blowing, but didn't seem that bad at my house. Maybe a "micro burst" of wind as the local weather guys love to say.

Jim, I wish your car the best. Mike, keep us updated.

(By the way, Jim's car "Artie" is May in this year's CS.com calendar)