• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale '68 S-code 4-speed Project on eBay

Mosesatm

Attachments

• 0056.jpg
    0056.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It's a real confusing auction ad but it looks like the body work is all complete and the car has been painted. According to the auction it just needs to be put back together.

I'd sure want to know how they treated all that rust and what's under the paint.

shane18fly

Yup-for $29,000 that's my thought(Do you think that price includes assembly?!!!!)...shane

GT/CS S Code

An alternative ...

Well, if it doesn't sell on eBay for the 29K buy it now price he could always try selling it on BJ since they push the cars on and off the stage to sell them anyway! He wouldn't need to get it running ...
:grin:

franklinair

1.) I'd be curious as to how the rear quarters were addressed (Replaced/repaired).
2.) The $29K is WAY out of line. (By about $20K). IMHO

Neil

franklinair

If the repairs were done well. And sight unseen, that's a big IF. Engine, transmiision, rear are unknown quantities.
Glass, windows/mechanisms, interior, and a myriad of details & parts could eat a budget alive.

Neil

CougarCJ

Looks like an X drag race car to me.

All new floor pans, can see where the transmission tunnel was hogged out for a different shifter. Pretty sure it had a roll cage inside too.

I see an FE engine and a Toploader transmission piled inside the car. Cylinder heads might be correct, I see plugs where the smog tubes went.
Correct Holley carburetor, air cleaner, and the rest of the smog stuff is plenty expensive.

A Marti report would be nice.

Like the Rudolph car (the most famous one of all, LOL) this one needs too much more TLC to be priced as high as it is.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Those quarters looked pretty nasty after the flares were removed.

How does one get a 390 into the passenger side of a Mustang???!!!