• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS project in Hawaii

franklinair

It is in the states. :wink:
Just not the mainland.:wink:
From the photos, I believe shipping costs would outweigh the value of the car.:eek:

Neil

68sunlitgold

Neil,
good point.....HI is a state! I agree that it looks like it will need a lot of work to include all the CS parts except the trunk.

Doug

clubpro

Wow,

I thought the one that I got from Hawaii was a project. I know that the twin to the one that I had is still out there maybe this is it. Has anyone contacted the seller yet? It would be amazing if it is the twin to the one that I had. Wimbledon white with deluxe ivy gold interior and a 390 with the C6 trans. Both were ordered at the same time from Honolulu Ford. When I was there in 2002 doing some research on my car I was told that there weren't any on the island anymore. Looks like they were wrong.

Cheers,

Ron

sam

I see leave it there with the rest of the pineapples.

franklinair

Too bad he didn't post the VIN, for authenticating & engine type.

Neil

68sunlitgold

It is very hard to tell from the pics and you almost need to be standing next to it. 68 & 69 headrests look almost identical when they are in the down position, only when they are extended can you tell becuase of the double round posts (68) or single flat post (69). If I would have to guess I would say '69.

Doug

Attachments

• 38_1_b.jpeg
    38_1_b.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 37
  • headrest1.jpg
    headrest1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 23

Ruppstang

Another difference is the 68 was not covered with vinyl like the seats it was more like a arm rest. On the window side they often split.
Marty

Attachments

• 68 Head rests 002.jpg
    68 Head rests 002.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 36

Kahuna

There is at least on more GTCS here in Hawai'i. I also know of at least one more on the Island of Maui.

Attachments

• Hawaii GTCS.jpg
    Hawaii GTCS.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Hawaii GTCS 1.jpg
    Hawaii GTCS 1.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 32

68sunlitgold

Kahuna,
if you are on the island, can you run by and get some info and pics of this car? A VIN would be very helpful (or the door tag info). Thanks

Doug

Kahuna

Kahuna,
if you are on the island, can you run by and get some info and pics of this car? A VIN would be very helpful (or the door tag info). Thanks

Doug

Doug:

I have been trying to call this person....no answer and no voice mail to leave a message. Don't have any idea as to what part of the island it is on....I will try again and see what i can find out.

Aloha,
Kahuna