• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Interior dye color match

Ricky Knapik

Can someone give me the proper part # for 68 medium blue interior dye? Unless I'm blind, Accumatch doesn't list a 68 med blue. They do list a 64-65 med blue of V-5747. Is that the same? Trying to match the light blue in pic

Attachments

• interior3.jpg
    interior3.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 29

franklinair

NPD interior aerosols:

AP-5748 Light Blue Metallic Acrylic Lacquer for hard surfaces
VP-5748 Light Blue for soft surfaces
AP-5770 Dark Blue Metallic Acrylic Lacquer for hard surfaces
VP-5770 Dark Blue for soft surfaces

I've had good luck with their interior aerosols

Neil

OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

Thanks Neal! I should have just started with sending you a message on messenger!

Ruppstang

The blue in 68 is tough. If it needs to be concours I would recommend a custom mix at a paint shop.

franklinair

If you're doing the granular areas of the doors, I use a wire wheel on a drill to remove the old paint so as not to fill in the granular texture.

Neil

OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

Dyeing a center console I finally found! All suggestions are welcome! Especially from you experts!

cmacias24

I used the NPD vinyl dye for my car and the color match was a lot better than the Scott Drake brand. I found that that the Scott Drake brand was tailored for the 65-66 models. That said, it’s recommended that your clean the surface of any residue before applying the dye. 3M sells a vinyl prep product that worth trying. Hope that helps!

Cesar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmacias24

I used the NPD vinyl dye for my car and the color match was a lot better than the Scott Drake brand. I found that that the Scott Drake brand was tailored for the 65-66 models. That said, it’s recommended that your clean the surface of any residue before applying the dye. 3M sells a vinyl prep product that worth trying. Hope that helps!

Cesar

cmacias24

Cesar

OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

Mustang Masters in Florida. He restored it for a customer in Germany that decided to do something different in the end.