• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Another One in Massachusetts

franklinair

Big Jim: The answer to your question= visions of grandeur.
To qualify in that stratospheric price range it MUST be concourse level.
OR: Its your pride & joy, and you really don't want to sell it ("But honestly honey, I advertised the car, and got no response.")

Neil:wink:

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

I wondered when the responses about the price would come.

Ruppstang

I know nothing about this car but I do know there is no way to build a true concours car for 50 - 60K. The last one we did just the body prep and paint was 29K that did not include any metal repair. I just priced concours bumper replating at $450 per bumper.
You would spend 50-60k if someone gave you a car. Most of the concours cars that I judge owners have spent 100-150K on restorations. A restoration is not just a paint job.

Marty

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

I showed my '66 coupe and my former GTCS in the Councours trailered class at MCA shows. This car is not in that class. The engine compartment, trunk and underside certainly show some wear. The rest of the car looks pretty good at least from the pictures. Meadowlark Yellow is a pretty color. However, it would look better with a black vinyl roof and interior IMHO. My dad bought that combination in a '69 Torino 2 Dr. GT coupe and o this day I think that it is one of the nicest looking cars Ford built back in the day.

Why our cars are not worth more is a little perplexing to me. Heck, they sold more Shelby's in '68 then GTCS's and I bet that now, there are more Shelby's in existence. The formal coupe roof line and the GTCS add ons is an excellent blend of practicality and "raciness." I have never been a big fan of '65-'68 fastbacks. But that is just me. If I said that on other Mustang forums, I would take a lot of heat, but that is just my taste.

Marty is right. You can easily pay an excellent restoration shpp $30k for concours prep and paint on a solid car $20k GTCS and that is just the beginning. Many of us do not have the talent, tools, facility or friends to do the body/paint work.

I doubt that very many GTCS's made it to the Northeast over the years which make them even rarer there. I live in the Chicago area and I took mine to her first show this past weekend. Only one person I spoke to knew of these cars.

Oh well, it is what it is as they say. I just like these cars now matter what you can buy/sell them for.

BigJim

I live in the Chicago area and I took mine to her first show this past weekend. Only one person I spoke to knew of these cars.

I don't know where you are, but my wife has been taking hers to shows and cruises from Schaumburg to Marengo and Morris to Hebron and the car is very well know throughout the area.

Ruppstang

Big $$$ does not mean that it is very good only very expensive!

I have said it before here just because it is rare does not mean it is desirable and will bring big dollars. I am glad our cars are still a good buy so I can still afford to play with them.
Marty

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

I don't know where you are, but my wife has been taking hers to shows and cruises from Schaumburg to Marengo and Morris to Hebron and the car is very well know throughout the area.
This was at Lambs Farm in Libertyville. Maybe just luck of the draw last weekend.