• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN New site feature! - GARAGE

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I've just added a new Garage feature to the site. I'm pretty excited about it and think it can be a really powerful tool for members once everyone starts entering their cars.

The Garage is similar to a photo gallery, but much more detailed. It's also a database that contains all the specifics of your car(s) and can be easily searched by other members. For example you can search for all 390 cars... or all Highland Green cars... or all 390 cars that are Highland Green with Black interiors. The search lets you get a general or specific as you like.

One of the best parts is how well it ties in to the forums. While viewing any of your posts other members can simply click on "My Garage" under your username and see a quick thumbnail of all your cars. Clicking in the thumbnail brings up the Garage page for that car with all the details. (See mine to the left as an example)
CS-Garage-Help00.gif

So let's dive right in and create a Garage.

How to Create a Garage:
Click on UserCP in the upper left. Now on the upper left you should see Add 68 GT/CS & HCS Garage. Click that to begin and then start entering info about your car. Everything is optional, but the more you enter the more useful the tool for other members.
CS-Garage-Help01.gif

You'll notice to the right of some sections there are some Add Image boxes. The idea is you would add images related to that section. So for the Documentation section you would add a scan of your Marti report, window sticker, etc. In the Factory Options section you might add pics of your wheels, console, etc.

Please Note: People have been reporting trouble uploading large images. The images should be 1200 pixels max to upload properly. (They get sized down to 900 by the software anyway). So if you have photos directly from a digital camera they are probably too large. You'll need to downsize them first before uploading to your Garage. Click here for resizing instructions.

Here's a breakdown of the sections and how I see them being used:

Settings - Here you can make your Garage not visible to others; in case you were still working on it.

VIN & Data Plate Info - Enter all the info from your data plate. The single photo in this section is what will show as the thumbnail (think album cover) to your Garage.

Engine & Drivetrain - Enter your factory engine size and then use the "Notes or Mods" field to describe any changes, upgrades, etc. You could also use this section for other drivetrain upgrades like transmissions, axles, etc.

Marti Report & Build Sheet - Check off the boxes if you have a Marti report, Build Sheet and/or Window Sticker. Obviously if you check the box it's very helpful to also include a scan of the documentation.

Photos & Notes - This is the catch all section and where most of your photos will go. Text can be anything really, including your car's history, how you bought it, restoration stories, etc.

Factory Options - These are the factory options as listed on your Marti report. Other options you've added after the fact should probably go in the Photos & Notes section directly above this one. The idea is to list only factory options so other can use that data for comparison & research.​

How to Search the Garages:
Click on the Garage link in the top navigation bar. A drop down menu will appear with several ways to view the Garage.
CS-Garage-Help02.gif

The first think you need to do then is pick the type of car you're looking for. If you select "68 CS & HCS Garage" you'll then be presented with all the search options specific to those cars. Chose your search criteria and then click the "Search" button at the bottom.
CS-Garage-Help03.gif

That's pretty much it. If you have any questions or comments please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:

CougarCJ

Awesome Jon, I will work on mine this weekend.

Just one more reason why this site is the "ultimate main GT/CS source on the web". :wink:

hookedtrout

Jon it's just outstanding that you not only run the #1 California Special Mustang resource available but you don't let it stagnate and your ability to do all that from behind the scenes with almost no visible footprint is utterly amazing.

Your continuous improvement here on the web site by adding new features such as this Garage and your diligence in maintaing a positive proactive approach and holding us all accountable to that makes this site not only the best GT/CS source but the best web forum I've ever been a part of.

I've said it many times but certainly not enough, thanks for all you do.

Northern Pony

Jon;
I think this is a fantastic addition, and only makes the web site better. I will do my part and enter my personal garage section, however, it will have to wait until a day I am not skiing. It has been a great year, if you like the snow, and you do have to do something when the stang is put away for the season.
Great addition to the site.
Cory said it best; " thanks for all you do."
BoB

robert campbell

This will become the single repository of all that is GT/CS and HCS. As this site has always been!! The undisbuted authority on the GT/CS and HCS Mustang! What a source for "free" data mining as we fill up our garages!

Thanks JON!

CougarCJ

I added my original data for my 1968 GT/CS, plus all of the planned upgrades/modifications. I will work on photos as they come up.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks everyone for the comments! Much appreciated and I'm glad to see people start using the new Garage feature.

Wildwun360

Just added info on my car. Pleasantly surprised on how easy it was to use. Still need to add more pics and Marti Report. Thanks for all the hard work that makes this web site so informative!

Mosesatm

Wildwun,
That's an interesting saying you're using for your signature!

rvrtrash

I need to get going on mine as well. I did some during the beta phase, and then got busy. Jon, it's a great feature and thanks for everything you do for us here.

Steve

Wildwun360

Wildwun,
That's an interesting saying you're using for your signature!

Thanks, just a reminder that life's too short. I, like many, tend to work too hard, when sometimes, it's the small pleasures in life that's important. Taking in a sunset, spending time with my son or wife, or just a drive in the GT/CS!!! Not ready for a dirt nap!

hookedtrout

Thanks, just a reminder that life's too short. I, like many, tend to work too hard, when sometimes, it's the small pleasures in life that's important. Taking in a sunset, spending time with my son or wife, or just a drive in the GT/CS!!! Not ready for a dirt nap!

Amen to that, amen to that.

J.Bart

i am having trouble loading pictures, and the help menu won't work.
help

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
What problem are you having? What happens when you try to upload? Do you get any kind of error message?

J.Bart

when i go to garage help i get this
Fatal error: Class 'DTO_ShowcaseModerator' not found in /home/special/public_html/forums/dto_showcase_help.php on line 86

when i try to upload picts it says it's loading, then after quite awhile it just stops

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Strange. The help comes up fine for me. I'll have to look into it. But the help is fairly generic and wouldn't help with the issue you're having anyway.

It's possible your image is too large. Can you email me the file you're trying to upload?