• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Rocker panel moldings

franklinair

Does ANYONE make/sell decent rocker moldings? The repos I have are thin gauge (aluminum?) easily dented and don't lock onto the clips properly.

Neil:mad:

Ruppstang

No! That is why NOS ones bring up to $800. There are some restored ones and a NOS one on concoursmustang.com classified last week.
If you do not care about authenticity Burton Antique Auto has some that are made of Stainless steel that looked pretty good a while back.

Marty

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Thanks Marty.
The Burton moldings (stainless) are listed at $580+/- and 1 month lead time.
The Concourse Mustang moldings are original, re-plated for $180 + shipping.
I'll PM the seller and buy them.

Neil

whodat

Ask him who re-plated them tor me. Maybe my originals can be re-plated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruppstang

Ask him who re-plated them tor me. Maybe my originals can be re-plated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard some bad things about the replating. It takes a really good original that has no deep pits or scratches as they must be polished out. That some times leaves the metal very thin. The bad part is you pay weather it turns out good or not.