• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Missing parts help

cmacias24

Hello California Special "ist",
Well, my car gets out of paint today and finally after 2 months of dealing with a flake of a body shop man. Well, I have three questions to ask:

1. I am missing one of the rear tail light socket covers, "small one", and as far as I know...no one sells them individually. Tony Branda has a set for 60 dollars plus shipping which is like, 70 plus dollars. I was wondering if anyone knows who sells them individually or if anyone has a small one they can sell me. If so please let me know. Thanks. My body man said he will look into possibly making one out of fiberglass, but who knows.

2. I have a question about the side scoops. I have my original screens that are grey and I need the vinyl backing and the rivets to complete my py project. Once again Tony Branda sell the set for 45 bucks but do i really need to buy it? What are my options? As many of you know ...it's all adding up and I am running out of cash. So although it might seem like it's only 70 dollars here and 45 dollars here...it's a lot after a while.

3. Finally, I have the Lucas lamps and last time they were on, they made my grill squeak a lot. I think I need to get the grommets that the pedestals land on. Are they made out of rubber? Does anyone sell these? If anyone knows please let me know.

Once again, thanks guys. I truly hope this is the last time my car gets painted. Last time was a nightmare. As far as I can tell, this man is doing a Fab job, but after a lot of pressure and help by me. Thanks.

PS. these are the links to the parts I was asking.

http://www.cobranda.com/GetItemDetail.asp?ItemID=14730&CatID=657&DeptID=12

http://www.cobranda.com/GetItemDetail.asp?ItemID=14739&CatID=657&DeptID=12

Cesar
cmacias24@hotmail.com

case12

Cesar, In other postings on this site I have also requested the tail light socket cover on the inside of the trunk. I am missing only one of the smaller ones too. I would be willing to purchase the Branda sockets and we could split the cost and I send one side to you. (my other alternative was to have a metal worker craft one - but the cost would be the same or higher). Let me know by sending me an email if you want to do this, and we can work it out. Casey

rjw

In terms of the side scoops, you have the "hard" parts, the screens. The backing was nothing more than black vinyl (with adhesive) cut out in the shape of the scoop recess. The rivets are easy to get as well. Harbor Freight had a rivet set with the rivet gun for like $6 that I used to put mine on. I you need more help on the size of rivet, we can look into that.
In terms of the pedestals, I made some out of rubber that look just fine. Branda has some great stuff, much of shich cannot be acquired so readily elsewhere, but these little things you can probably do yourself. Good luck.
Richard

OP
OP
cmacias24

cmacias24

Thanks a lot Richard,
You guys have been of great help. I will look into getting those misc parts, but can you let me know the size of those rivets?

Cesar

68sunlitgold

cesar,
as for the screen backs, Bob Teets on this site sells them, just go to his name and send him a personel email.

As for the picture of the emblems, Paul made them and has since sold out of them.

Doug