• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD 1968 J Code GT Mustang Coupe

sportyworty

J code 4 speed with 9 inch 3.00 Lock diff
Not rusty and never has been. Perfect floors, rails, boxes and aprons.
Majority of paint is original with some touch ups and blending presents decent as a driver. Red Oxide is showing on some edges from polishing over the years.
The original vinyl top is in need of replacement.
Extremely rare deluxe with knitted decor interior. All original with no rips or tears.
This car was optioned with an 8K tach and odometer.
Happy to share more in depth description and pics with sincerely interested people.

out of room and starting another 68.5 resto.
This is a pretty cool piece in its own right especially at the price

Thanks

Kerry

Last edited:

speedy02

Kerry do you have a link that has more pictures? It looks great in the little thumb nail picture but would love to see more if available.

Batgirl89

LOL Arlie you are so right!! and winter is coming...the barn is full. (you know I love a GT. Hopefully it doesnt have A/C!!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
sportyworty

sportyworty

With regards to the interior the package tray is the only non original part including the carpet. I completely gutted the interior and cleaned everything. The floors are perfect and the original underlayment was set back in place. Lots of pics available including the original carpet and underlayment tags with part numbers. I have not seen a true GT in a great color, with a 4 speed, in this condition, at a lower price, for several years now.

Batgirl89

Kerry, I would be buying it if we just didnt buy the GT/CS from Canada. Ive told a few friends about your car (since I like it so much) its a great rare car at a good price. Honestly, Im surprised it isnt already sold! Sheryl

mbsf1970

its gorgeous and if I was in market I'd definitely love to talk.....only negative (for me) is that its a 4 speed and I discovered that I simply cannot drive one due to the length and positionning of my legs (as a tall person)
I'm sure it will sell easily given condition and price!!
Stephen

OP
OP
sportyworty

sportyworty

Car is being purchased by a member and personal long time friend.
Thanks for keeping it alive with the interaction gang

Kerry

67SCSGT

Glad the cpe is going to a good home. Really cool great car for the price.
If I didn't have a few others already I'd have bought it!