• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Mustangs Unlimited

Mosesatm

I'm pretty sure Mustangs Unlimited is going out of business. I called about a number of backordered items and the sales guy lied to me, saying the manufacturers are no longer making the items.
NPD has the items, but after NPD drives all the others out of business prices will surely rise.

robert campbell

Arlie,
I think that there are plenty of Mustang suppliers out there at this time. My opinion is Mustang parts are some of the most reasonable for any car out there! I wish that quality was a bigger factor in the repop business. I get lots of reproduction parts that do not fit and seem to be cheaply made. Given the chance if the quality is there I will pay more.

Rob

franklinair

I try to order from MU because of their proximity, but seems like they are Out of Stock on MANY items. I use NPD primarily.

Neil

stangfan

I'm pretty sure Mustangs Unlimited is going out of business. I called about a number of backordered items and the sales guy lied to me, saying the manufacturers are no longer making the items.
NPD has the items, but after NPD drives all the others out of business prices will surely rise.

I might be naive, but from what I have read and experienced first hand, I would be very surprised if NPD trying to drive anyone out of business or that they would up their prices after doing so. They have the best quality parts already and back their products.

robert campbell

I use a small Mustang supplier called Bel-Kirk Mustang in Seattle frequently. They deal in quality parts and their counter people are very knowledgeable. They have one day shipping to me due to their proximity to my shop. Yes, they cost a bit more, but in my mind totally worth the few extra bucks for quality and fast shipping. Of course, I am working on customer cars alot and fast delivery saves my customer money.

Rob

p51

Certainly appears like they're going out of business...
I just went to their website. "30% off all in stock items" is the the first thing that pops up. And, as stated above, the selection is limited. Might be a good time to browse for some good deals...

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I might be naive, but from what I have read and experienced first hand, I would be very surprised if NPD trying to drive anyone out of business or that they would up their prices after doing so. They have the best quality parts already and back their products.

I may have phrased that poorly. I don’t think NPD is trying to drive the others out of business but I think many other main players will inevitably go under just because they can’t compete with NPD’s prices and delivery.

robert campbell

Arlie is correct. The little guys will go under eventually. Classic Industries is another new player in the Mustang world.

https://shop.classicindustries.com/...36.673430330.1562685914-1970800194.1557192111

I have not bought from them for a Mustang and the above is no advertisement or endorsement. I have used them for GM customer cars that I have worked on. They are another huge company that will absorb the little guys.

Rob

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Summit Racing also carries a lot of Mustang parts, as does Amazon. Most of Amazon’s Mustang specific parts seem to come from Mac’s and are more expensive than NPD. My first searches are always NAPA and Summit, then NPD if the first two don’t have what I need.

Ricky Knapik

I have a Scott Drake catalog that is very descriptive and seems to list most parts. I use that number and check Summit 1st. Summit is a Drake distributor and usually has the best prices. I must include that my car was 95% complete when I got it and I'm not doing any of the major work a lot of you guys are doing.

whodat

I just ordered all window felt and rubber weatherstrip from Classic Industries. I caught 15% off and free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk