• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 HCS reunion?

Ruppstang

July 17-19th 2015 there will be a MCA national show in Loveland CO. I was thinking it would be really cool to try to get a HCS reunion planed. Bob Teets has been the HCS register and promoter for many years, it would be great to do this for him as a thank you. It would be awesome to have 10% of the 251 made attend. I know 25.1 HCS may be tough to round up but I am willing to bring our HCS. I could also bring the HCS project car too that would account for the .1% so we would only need 24 more! Of course all of the California Special brethren would be very welcome too. I almost forgot the Gold Nugget Specials too.
If there is enough interest I will ask for a space for all to be parked together at the show. A large group of these car in the Rockies would be a sure magazine article. Please consider this opportunity, besides gas should be .57 cents by then. LOL
Marty

Last edited:

66hcs-conv

We will certainly be there - since we live in Loveland :smile: Although our car is a '66 HCS & not a one of the '68 - 251.

If you haven't been to that area, please do not miss going to Rocky Mountain Nat'l park. The park is about 30 miles west of Loveland, and celebrating it's 100th anniversary this year.

I/we would like to help with any reunion, in anyway we can.

Dave Spry

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Sorry Dave did not think about the 66s and 67s HCS, absolutely would want to include them. We are planning a stay in Estes Park for a few day after the show.

66hcs-conv

If we're gonna do a reunion thing, I would be glad to reserve a city park/picnic area, but we probably need to do that soon. There is a park about a mile from our house, and several other parks around town. OR, if we don't have over 25-30 people, we could do something at our house.

The show is going to be at "The Ranch", which is the Larimer county fairgrounds, just east of I-25. Really nice venue, fairly new. The Goodguys have a show there every year. Lots of grass to park cars.

Dave

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Bump, anyone interested. I thought if we had a good group I would talk with Donald Farr about a article.
Marty

66hcs-conv

Bump, anyone interested. I thought if we had a good group I would talk with Donald Farr about a article.
Marty

I (we) are still available, and plan on attending what ever we do.

Due to the lack of interest, I have not made any inquires for a park reservation here in Loveland. But I can sure do so if there is any interest.

Dave

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Today is the last day to register at Motosho.com for the show if you wish to be in a judged class. I believe that they will be taking day of display only entry's.
Is there any one else besides Dave and I going? I have not even seen a entry from Bob Teets. I guess I will have to call him. I am disappointed I thought this would be a really cool event for the HCS and GTCS family.
Marty

66hcs-conv

Like Marty, I am also disappointed that we cannot get more HCS, GTCS folks together.

Dave

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Well guy you missed a fun show the Budweiser event center in Loveland CO. it is a beautiful facility. There were around 255 car in attendance. I got to meet 66hcs-conv Dave, he was a busy guy as he was part of that hard working show staff. It is always nice to visit with Bob Teets. He and his wife Shirley made me a binder filled with a life time of Bob's articles, advertisements and any thing to do with HCS's. It was one of the most special gifts I have ever been given. I thought it really cool that Bob's 1 of 1 X code HCS and 1 of 9 R code HCS and our 1 of 12 C code deluxe interior cars were all on the same show field. I am sorry I did not have time to get pictures between running the show and judging. After the show we traveled to the Shelby museum in Bolder. It was just amazing, The cobra that won Sebring was there in unrestored condition still with it's race tires and mud still on it's fender. Also one of the GT40 original race winners was there. If you ever are in bolder it is a must see on Saturdays or by appointment.
We then traveled to Estes Park for a couple of days, the wives enjoyed the shops there. Us guys found a fire truck restoration shop that was really interesting.
The wild life was very friendly too.
On our last day we drove west on that black top High Country Road to Rocky Mountain park. For us it ended at 12005 feet. You do not find much higher country than that.
Till the next adventure.
Marty

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• 2015-07-19 15.56.51.jpg
    2015-07-19 15.56.51.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 2015-07-19 15.54.39.jpg
    2015-07-19 15.54.39.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 2015-07-20 10.34.49.jpg
    2015-07-20 10.34.49.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 25
  • 2015-07-20 10.08.50.jpg
    2015-07-20 10.08.50.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 2015-07-21 11.29.36.jpg
    2015-07-21 11.29.36.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Loveland and Estes Park July 2015 207.jpg
    Loveland and Estes Park July 2015 207.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

hcsstang

I hope that I'm fit for the Ohio show. HEALTH WISE I was wondering how many Cal. Sp and HCS cars will be in the O hio car show. Marty it's long way for your car. When the Carlisle show featured Cobra Jets well Bob Teets came in with his HCS and latter on that year he was in California for a show .

robert campbell

Marty,
Great pics!!! 12k feet!!! Wow!!! How long was the hike??

Do you know the year of the GT-40? almost makes me remember the last version of the Ford GT's called a "J" Car?

Rob

CougarCJ

Have been to the Shelby American Collection in Boulder, Colorado. Awesome experience, definitely a bucket list Museum for Ford enthusiasts.

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Marty,
Great pics!!! 12k feet!!! Wow!!! How long was the hike??

Do you know the year of the GT-40? almost makes me remember the last version of the Ford GT's called a "J" Car?

Rob

Rob we were able to drive to 11700 so only 300 feet to hike to top but still was breathing hard.

I can not remember the year but do believe it was a J car.
Marty

robert campbell

Arlie to the rescue. It is indeed a J car. Have not seen one of those in years. I remember them well back in the day. Ford also won Lemans in 1967, 1968, and 1969.

Rob