• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Renee's Blue GT/CS

Mosesatm

Attachments

• 00h0h_aNYCfW1lqna_1200x900.jpg
    00h0h_aNYCfW1lqna_1200x900.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Perkchiro has a beautiful red GT/CS.
Renee's car was restored by Paul Stevenson. I don't remember his handle.
[edit]
PFSlim?

Powell

I'm almost afraid to ask if anyone knows why Renee's car is for sale?

Sarge

I sent Renee a PM about a week ago, no response. This car is immaculate, many of us saw it at O'Briens barbecue. It's also in Steve's (rivertrash) book. Sorry to see it up for sale.
Robert

Midnight Special

I sent Renee a PM about a week ago, no response. This car is immaculate, many of us saw it at O'Briens barbecue. It's also in Steve's (rivertrash) book. Sorry to see it up for sale.
Robert

...Indeed Robert, and all is well, but Renee's mom passed recently after lengthy home care and all the arrangements that go with it. You probably tried her when she was out of town. You can PM me for her phone or email if you like.

My son, TJ is doing the advertising to qualify serious buyers and eliminate the usual web addicts and lowballers...

The car is unspeakably gorgeous, goes like a bat out'a hell and is garage kept & maintained. All anyone needs to do is see & drive it in person (which we encourage) to fall in love & with hope it finds as cherished a home. Her price is pretty firm as she really doesn't need to sell...

She plans to keep her other 68, "Goldie" as a more practical driver.

Feel free to contact TJ or myself for more info and photos as well, plus Renee has the complete restoration file as performed by Paul Stevenson.

Thank you :)

P.S. Yes Arlie, "Hook's Book" ;-)

Attachments

• _DSC0850.jpg
    _DSC0850.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 61
  • _DSC0845.JPG
    _DSC0845.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 65
  • _DSC0841.jpg
    _DSC0841.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 57
  • _DSC0840.jpg
    _DSC0840.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 66
  • _DSC0430.jpg
    _DSC0430.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

PonyGal

Sad but true...

First off I want to say that selling my GTCS is one of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make! I absolutely love this car, andthat is why I am looking for someone that will love it as much as I do and appreciate it for the beautiful piece of history that it is. It is still in extremely excellent shape and drives like a dream! The main reason that I am selling is because it mostly just sits in the garage. I have not done any shows for over ayear, and I never go out on drives with Tim anymore. I am not one to just go for a drive all by myself. It is more fun with more than one person. Besides, I have been so busy with my mom and her failing health for the past year and sadly she passed away a few months ago :cry: My sister and I have since been dealing with all of her belongings and everything else that needed to be done. I just hate seeing it sit in the garage all the time! I want it to be shown, driven and displayed so that other car lovers can appreciate the amazing beauty of these cars. Also, I have two mustangs and I can only drive one at a time. I figured that the best one to sell would be the Special. Besides, the manual, strong arm, steering is getting to be a bit too much for me. I am in no hurry to sell it, so I will just wait until the right buyer comes along. Then I will miss it so very much, but I pray that whoever ends up with it treats it with the respect it so deserves.

robert campbell

René,
sorry to hear about all your difficulties of late. I went through similar circumstances with first my Mom and then my Dad 7 years later. It is awful and draining.

If know you thought hard and long about this decision. And it was not easy. At the same time you have close friends that can exercise your pony for a year or two until you get back on solid ground again. And you will.

the power steering option would not hurt the value of your car and is a very straight forward and easy installation. Then it will steer like a dream for you. I can't speak for Tim or TJ nor commit them, but I would be happy to install this option on your car. Concurs correct and nice a tight.

I think in the next few years a huge burden will fall off your shoulders and you will feel free again.

Hope you can find people to go for drives with you. I felt the same way you did in letting go f my GNS. It is hard to have two of them and keep them nice for sure. I like to exercise mine and now with just one it is alot easier.

Goldie is a sweety and you feel a lot less stress in driving her. That may be the deciding factor in all of this.

Rob

rvrtrash

Rene', my thoughts are with you as well. I agree with Rob on the power steering conversion, and don't think it would hurt value a bit. My thought is that if Tim were to host another get together this fall, and you had the parts ready to go, you'd probably have a full compliment of amateur mechanics willing to install it for you. :grin: I know you've thought hard on selling the CS. I sold mine for much the same reason, and still think it was the right thing to do, but look constantly at ads thinking of buying another. I really miss mine.

Steve

robert campbell

Rene', my thoughts are with you as well. I agree with Rob on the power steering conversion, and don't think it would hurt value a bit. My thought is that if Tim were to host another get together this fall, and you had the parts ready to go, you'd probably have a full compliment of amateur mechanics willing to install it for you. :grin: I know you've thought hard on selling the CS. I sold mine for much the same reason, and still think it was the right thing to do, but look constantly at ads thinking of buying another. I really miss mine.

Steve

I be the head amateur in the stable!!

Rob

Ruppstang

I most likely would not be able to attend that gathering as much as I would love to turn wrenches with Rob and the guys but I bet I can find most of the parts needed on my shelves if needed.

Renee' I wish you the best what ever you decide. Either way you can not loose you will still be driving a Mustang!!

robert campbell

I have a fresh rebuilt 3 turn lock to lock 1 and 1/8 sector shaft power steering box ready to go. It came out of Val's Fastback and I rebuilt it for her conversion to PS, but went with the Borgeson conversion. I may have access to the old PS pump and bracket that came off my GNS which was a factory PS car. Identification tag will be wrong on the box, but for a nice conversion it will work just great.

Rob

Midnight Special

I most likely would not be able to attend that gathering as much as I would love to turn wrenches with Rob and the guys but I bet I can find most of the parts needed on my shelves if needed.

...I'm chuckling somewhat regretfully here, because I bought the entire power steering set-up from Paul Stevenson (mint condition) that was originally on Renee's car before she bought it from him. I later used it to outfit one of TJ's Mustangs.... Darn.... ;-)

As far as another get together, my sibs & I sold the home where we gathered last time and my cars are in storage for the time being, hence no car activity with Renee of late :-(

Powell

So maybe such a gathering would need to take plate at Rob's.

franklinair

If/where/when, let me know. I'd need time to shop for a decent airfare. :smile:

Neil

CougarCJ

I would make the trip to Washington. I need more signatures in my Hook Book.