• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fab Fords Forever show - PICS!!

joedls

I'll get more pics up later, but I wanted to get a few up tonight. There were 8 GT/CS and High Country Bob's 428 HCS in attendance today. One of the 8 was a very nice S code GT/CS.

Attachments

• P1010103.JPG
    P1010103.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 94
  • P1010104.JPG
    P1010104.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 89
  • P1010105.JPG
    P1010105.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 90
  • P1010141.JPG
    P1010141.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 92
  • P1010145.JPG
    P1010145.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 90
P

PNewitt

Thanks, Joe, for postingthe pics--and on the same day, yet!

How cool! And how impressive the cars are, too!!

Let's get a lot more cars ready for next year!!

Paul N.

p.s. the '07 GT/CS was spotted at the Long Beach Grand Prix on Sat, too--as a pace car!

California Makes it Happen--Again!!....at Knott's and Long Beach!

Diesel Donna

PNewitt said:
Thanks, Joe, for postingthe pics--and on the same day, yet!

How cool! And how impressive the cars are, too!!

Let's get a lot more cars ready for next year!!

Paul N.

p.s. the '07 GT/CS was spotted at the Long Beach Grand Prix on Sat, too--as a pace car!

California Makes it Happen--Again!!....at Knott's and Long Beach!

We all ambushed a lady who came in with a Brittany Blue, white vinyl top CS (with a 390) and she had been at the Long Beach Grand Prix the day before and got to go around the track with a lady race driver in the new GTCS! She showed us a picture of her in it and we asked her to post it here. Jon spoke with her also. She said they were making a commercial with her car and the new CS and that it was suppose to have aired on Sunday! I believe her name was Cheryl, I should have gotten her phone number. Let's hope she visits the website and clues us in more.

~~~~Donna

Diesel Donna

Yes, Joe thanks for posting the pictures last night! I had a great time and I SO enjoyed meeting Joe and his bro Edward, hicountrybob, CALIF GIRL,Jon Hanna,Luis (with the gold CS), Stan and Lisa (tworings) , Mr. and Mrs. hcsstang,I hope I didn't forget anyone.It was a pleasure to meet their family members who unfailingly showed their support of our obsession. Met some new folks with CS's, some registered and some not. I'll be getting info on a man I met who has not registered his car yet.

Other peeps who attended were Hoop69Mach1 and Mustanger.

WOW! What a fun weekend! :cheesy:

~~~~Donna

Mustanger

Diesel Donna said:
Yes, Joe thanks for posting the pictures last night! I had a great time and I SO enjoyed meeting Joe and his bro Edward, hicountrybob, CALIF GIRL,Jon Hanna,Luis (with the gold CS), Stan and Lisa (tworings) , Mr. and Mrs. hcsstang,I hope I didn't forget anyone.It was a pleasure to meet their family members who unfailingly showed their support of our obsession. Met some new folks with CS's, some registered and some not. I'll be getting info on a man I met who has not registered his car yet.

Other peeps who attended were Hoop69Mach1 and Mustanger.

WOW! What a fun weekend! :cheesy:

~~~~Donna

Hey Donna,

Thanks for the "honorable" mention ... yeah, maybe next time I'll be able to join you fine folks for a longer time, and maybe for some of the other activities (eg, dinner at ClaimJumper's, etc).

It truly was a beautiful day, and I finally had a chance to put a face to some of the names, which was really cool. Donna, Jon, Bob, Luis, Marty, and others (sorry I can't remember all the names), you were all great and I hope to see you all again.

Paul: We all missed you, and we all hope that next time you'll be able to hang out with us and burn some rubber!

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

5 of us drove in together. The first 2 pics were of us waiting in line. If you look really closely you can see parts of all 5 cars. Diesel Donna, High Country Bob, Calif Girl, Luis, and me. The 3rd pic is of Luis' "Bone Stock" GT/CS. This car sounds like thunder when started and revved. The last 2 pics are of cars belonging to Calif Girl, me, and Diesel Donna.

PFSlim

Thanks Joe. Cars look great. It had to be a blast to get them together. Look forward to more pictures when you can post them.

Paul

Joes68

Great pics Joe,
Sorry we missed you all. I was called to work for a Sun shift and couldn't escape. Looks like you had fun meeting each other and seeing everyone's cars. Hopefully I'll have the chance again soon. Sorry again that I missed you all.
Ron

Diesel Donna

Smokin' Joe!

Ummmm Joe are you forgetting something? Oh folks he is so modest, he also brought his killer 65 convertible. When we left the show we went to a large vacant parking lot to take some photos and SOMEBODY got a little bored while waiting for the CS's to arrive and started burning brodies in the parking lot. My friend Tim brought his 66 GT350 convertible, (red and white also) and they both turned and burned! :torch:

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Diesel Donna said:
Ummmm Joe are you forgetting something? Oh folks he is so modest, he also brought his killer 65 convertible. When we left the show we went to a large vacant parking lot to take some photos and SOMEBODY got a little bored while waiting for the CS's to arrive and started burning brodies in the parking lot. My friend Tim brought his 66 GT350 convertible, (red and white also) and they both turned and burned! :torch:

~~~~Donna

That was definitely fun. My sister-in-law was in the car with me and when I stopped she had to go in the Starbucks to the bathroom. Here is a pic of my convertible and Tim's with some CSs.

Attachments

• P1010146.JPG
    P1010146.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 71

68gt390

Joe;
Very nice photo's. I like the shot of Luis' car - I think seeing that photo may have just solved my hood clearance problem if my Victor FE manifold doesn't give me enough clearance to close my stock hood. I like the looks of that hood.

Luis - is that a 2.5" cowl or 3" cowl and if you don't mind telling me where you got it I would appreciate it. Very nice.

Don :grin:

CALIF GIRL

I had a great time at the event. It was wonderful to meet those from this site...

here are some of the photos I took..

The blue car has a 390 in it, and I thought it was adorable the little one helping clean the car for the show.

The surf board car was a few down from us.

The pic with the 3 GT/CS's and 2 convertibles was after the show at Starbucks

a picture of all our cars at the show.

And I liked the 68 with window service

Attachments

• GTCS.JPG
    GTCS.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 77
  • STARBUCKS.JPG
    STARBUCKS.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 75
  • SUFSUP.JPG
    SUFSUP.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 59
  • LITTLEHELPER.JPG
    LITTLEHELPER.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 64
  • WINDOWSERVICE.JPG
    WINDOWSERVICE.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

CALIF GIRL

here is a couple more photos

The lime green car is Donna's and the Blue car came in after we did.

Attachments

• CSPEDAL.JPG
    CSPEDAL.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0538.JPG
    DSCN0538.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
It really was an amazing show and a great day. Thanks to everyone for making the trip and special thanks to Joe for organizing the dinner. hcsstang (and Mrs. hcsstang) win the "long distance award" while hicountrybob (Bob Teets) wins the "furthest trailered award".

It was really great to actually shake hands with people you've been typing to for years and put a face to a username. In my opinion this should become an annual CS.com tradition.

I took over 200 photos, although admittedly half were of Broncos.:smile: I'll only post a few for now.

Attachments

• 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs 151.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs 151.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs 006.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs 006.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 70
  • 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs 004.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs 004.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs 002.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs 002.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs 001.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs 001.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Photos of Calif Girl's GT/CS:
Thanks for the ride in! I kept meaning to get some shots of those hood accent stripes. I've always liked those.

Attachments

• 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs Calif Girl 092.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs Calif Girl 092.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs Calif Girl 091.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs Calif Girl 091.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs Calif Girl 084.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs Calif Girl 084.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs Calif Girl 003.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs Calif Girl 003.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Joedls' GT/CS:
Joe really rubbed it in that I didn't bring my car by bringing TWO of his.:eek: Why I didn't get any shots of your 65 convertible I really don't know. Sorry about that.

Attachments

• 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs joedls 159.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs joedls 159.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs joedls 155.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs joedls 155.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 29
  • 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs joedls 156.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs joedls 156.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 2006 Fab Fords Mustangs joedls 154.jpg
    2006 Fab Fords Mustangs joedls 154.jpg