• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Marchal Mounting Hardware and sleeve

wallace

All,

I am referencing Paul's newest edition which shows a sleeve on the Marchal fog lights which allow them to sit away from the brackets.

Does anybody have the dimensions of the sleeve?

So if I am correct, the Marchal fog light does NOT sit up against the bracket and needs this sleeve (1 inch?) to push it away?

Is this available aftermarket?

Thanks, Wally

Mosesatm

Here is the pertinent page.
I think the reason for the spaces is to allow the light to be tipped upwards. I don't have the spacer on mine and they look like they are pointing down a little, but that's good for fog lights.

Attachments

• Marchal Lights.jpg
    Marchal Lights.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
W

wallace

Space

Any idea on the dimensions of the spacer? Somebody said 1 inch but that seems like it would sit too far from bracket?

Thanks, Wally

Mosesatm

Judging by the grid paper under the spacer I think 1” is correct.

Ricky Knapik

Someone here was talking about they reproduced those spacers. I can't recall who. Maybe they will respond. You could search the topic.

AADaddy

Just saw this thread. See attached PDF for the Sleeve you are looking for. I had a local machine shop make a set for me a couple years ago. The knurling they simulated with small cuts in the ends.

Attachments

• APACER FOG LIGHT MOUN12X9[1].pdf
    179.2 KB · Views: 71

1968Cally

Just saw this thread. See attached PDF for the Sleeve you are looking for. I had a local machine shop make a set for me a couple years ago. The knurling they simulated with small cuts in the ends.
That's pretty definitive