• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marti Report

case12

After 4 months of waiting, I finally got my Elite report. I guess the expectations for my $220 were too high.

I think you would do just as well to get the deluxe report for $45, and the window sticker from mustangstickers.com for $35. The rest with the Elite Report is a door tag (which I already obviously have) and a statistical run down of how rare your car is (mine is only 1 or 1 without air conditioning, with white wall tires...etc, etc ). The Elite report is framed and matted (the glass on mine was unfortunately broken, and the matting was misaligned). I expected the frame to be a bit nicer for the price, but it is a typical metal poster frame found at most hobby shops.

I am not knocking the Elite report if that is what you want - and having it all matted together is sorta nice. But you can get most of the same thing for around $80 (plus framing if desired).

Did others in the forum like their Elite report? Casey

390cs68rcode

ordered mine about 6 weeks ago. Curious to see how they make mine out to 1 of 1. Maybe 1 of 1 with CS, 390, auto, and color from Canada.

I did want the full framed thing for shows along with my GT/CS dealer poster, should be a good match. I sure wish they would let me pick what I wanted to show up in the 1 of columns.

6t8-390gt

I ordered the Deluxe Report back in 1999 and earlier this year requested the
"Personnal Statistic Report". 4 weeks later I received my report and an axle tag. Marti charged me $40 for the statisic report, so you can get that report separate. I have been pleased with everything I have ever ordered from them.

The "Elite Reports" I've seen had wooden frames.

Danny

P

PNewitt

I'd like to ask how folks that have a Marti Report (of any level); how they feel about the information, in light of factory "variations", dealers that trade cars, and other bits and pieces of production items that may not seem right on your car--as compared to the Ford data presented in the Marti Report.

I'm not saying that Marti's info is "wrong", but do you find overall that it fits what you have, know and have researched to your own GT/CS?

Paul N.

OP
OP
case12

case12

As best as I can tell having researched the history of my GT/CS (but being the 4th owner) the Marti Report is correct, but mine was a plain factory 289 made in february along with many others most likely, so not too much for the statistics to get wrong. Casey

68gt390

The only thing I found interesting with my Deluxe Report on my CS is no where in the Statistics box do they show "4118" with California Special Option". :confused: It's shown under the Options area but, would of liked to see it in the statistics area also. Other than that everything else is right online. The odd thing is my Ford CAC (999) report told me most of the same as my Marti Report except for the Ordering District and Dealer and it was free. On my CAC (999) report they show the engine option as: 390 CID, 8 Cylinder 4V Special G.T. Engine.

Don

nfrntau

6t8-390gt said:
and earlier this year requested the
"Personnal Statistic Report".
Danny

Danny what is this report and what all did it tell you? This is the first I have heard of this one.

Thanks Bill

OP
OP
case12

case12

I think he means the run down the Marti does of "your car is 1 of 1" report. Its a basic run of statistics to determine what your car is the only 1 of. Mine was silly - it was the only sunlit gold coupe with GTCS with parchment interior with 289 with auto trans with deluxe wheel covers with white wall tires and without air conditioning. woo hoo!

But I suspect some other's have much more interesting statistics than mine. Casey

admin

Staff member
Administrator
My Marti report was all correct on my 68 HCS. I bought it from the original owner who doesn't seemed to have changed anything on the car.

My free CAC report however had 2 or 3 things incorrect or missing.

Too bad about the glass Casey. Have you talked to them about it? Obviously they ship those all the time so you would think the packaging would be sufficient to keep the glass from breaking.

6t8-390gt

Bill,
Casey is right, the personal statistic report is the report that breaks your car down to a "1 of...", I have only seen one report that was not 1 of 1. I think (personal opinion) Kevin Marti inserts or removes options until he gets that 1 of 1 car. I saw one report on a "plain jane" mustang and it went so far as saying it was the only one with those options sold in California.

Whatever the case we are very fortunate to be able to document our cars so easily. Look at the Chevy guys, no engine codes in the VIN, and no computer data base to prove or disprove anything. I wonder how many Z28's being sold today left the assembly plants as 6 cyl. cars???!!!

68gt390

6t8-390gt said:
Bill,
Look at the Chevy guys, no engine codes in the VIN, and no computer data base to prove or disprove anything. I wonder how many Z28's being sold today left the assembly plants as 6 cyl. cars???!!!

Very good point. At least we have some form of documentation.

Don :rofl:

Diesel Donna

I sent for a CAC report recently and my submission was returned to me, their address was listed wrong. My Marti report was okay. I got the deluxe because I could frame it myself for less money. I can't understand paying so much for the elite and waiting months for it. Most of the data offered, I already knew.

I also had a bunch of CS advertisements and descriptions enlarged and laminated to put on a cork easel when I show my car.

I found a couple of goodies at Pomona today. A matted reprint of a sales brochure and some Mustang trading cards,that included the CS. There were three different CS cards so they are going to mail me the other two that were not in a set.

(......Drooled as I watched a gold 68 GT500 fastback Shelby roll in)

~~~~Donna

PFSlim

My wife ordered the elite report for our car in August (for a birthday present). Still waiting on it. I can't wait to see it, however am disappointed in Casey's comments. We paid up so I could take it to shows. Will let everyone know once I get it.

Thanks for the info Casey.

Paul

OP
OP
case12

case12

Hey, dont let me ruin anyone's fun! The Elite Report is still nice!

(BTW, Marti offered to send me a Home Depot gift card to take care of the broken glass - so they came through to make it right).

The window sticker is definitely nice. Casey

our special

case12 said:
Hey, dont let me ruin anyone's fun! The Elite Report is still nice!

(BTW, Marti offered to send me a Home Depot gift card to take care of the broken glass - so they came through to make it right).

The window sticker is definitely nice. Casey

Hi Casey,
What is the window sticker that you're refering too?

Dave

Diesel Donna

Don,

In my deluxe report it mentions 4,118 California Specials in the statistics box.

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
case12

case12

our special said:
Hi Casey,
What is the window sticker that you're refering too?

Dave

Dave, it is a copy of the original FORD dealer window sticker that would have come on the car new. You can see it in my gallery. Casey

our special

case12 said:
Dave, it is a copy of the original FORD dealer window sticker that would have come on the car new. You can see it in my gallery. Casey
Thank's Casey,
I have the original window sticker that came on our car, and I received a copy with my report aswell.
When you mentioned STICKER, my thoughts started to race and I thought that I had missed out on some elusive GT/CS sticker or something.

Take care,
Dave