• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. How to contact Paul M. Newitt -- GT/CS Registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Admin note: I'm posting the below for Paul Newitt as a means of getting in touch with him since he's no longer on this site:

I am available for your questions and information about your 1968 or 2007-09 Mustang GT/CS. I can provide basic, simple answers about your GT/CS, and where to find help, production history, parts and just about anything else through a Private Message (PM) there, or through my website e-mail address; Paul@pmndesigns.com.

Since I'm not available to respond on these message boards, I'll try to answer most questions on a regular basis, so but please be patient. I will answer all mail ASAP. I appreciate your interest and enthusiasm--always!!

You can register your GT/CS either on line here at CaliforniaSpecial.com, or by regular USPS mail at:

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 427
Danville, CA 94526 USA

Sorry, but I cannot accept registrations through my email address. Please send all information to my P.O. box (or here on line). Note that registrations sent to me by regular mail are not sent to www.californiaspecial.com, although on line registrations from this site are printed out and sent to me on a timely basis for inclusion into my registry data.

(NOTE: http://californiaspecial.com is not owned, nor run by myself. Direct all questions about on-line registrations and site questions to: webmaster@californiaspecial.com

To register a 1968 GT/CS Mustang, I would like to have your Vehicle number (on the RH side of the dash "8R01 -------" ); and the data off the (driver's) door tag. Then if you could provide a "Marti Report" via a visit to: www.martiautoworks.com, a copy of the basic (or greater) Report would help authentic your GT/CS for the Registry. Lastly, a list of the options you have on your Mustang, as well as any personalized touches--and owner stories would be appreciated. Photos as prints or on a photoCD are accepted, too, but can not be returned.

To register a 2007-2008-2009 GT/CS Mustang, Please send a copy of the vehicle's invoice, and any Ford and/or dealer paperwork with the VIN and the GT/California Special description on the same page. A list of the options, wheels and dealer upgrades would be appreciated, as well as any interesting stories. Photos as prints or on a photoCD are accepted, too, but can not
be returned.

My hardbound 224 page "labor of love" book project; "GT/CS Recognition Guide and Owner's Manual", is planned for a summer 2009 release. If you're interested in obtaing a copy, please PM, email or mail me your name and address for a descriptive flier to be mailed to you. These books will include a DVD, and sell for $100 per copy ppd. to the USA (Canadian & Foreign orders may require added postage--see flier). I also offer 3" dia. window clings (decals) for 1968 GT/CS, HCS, and 2007 and 2007 GT/CS for $10 ea. ppd. through my address.

If you're new, WELCOME! I hope that I can help make your GT/CS experience more exciting through the Registry, and through www.californiaspecial.com

We welcome ALL years of GT/CS!

For further information, please visit my personal website:

www.pmndesigns.com <http://www.pmndesigns.com>

Last edited:
OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Update on the new book status from Paul...

You can tell the members of the site that I am progressing well on the book, and in fact, just found the Ford designer that did the '68 GT/CS. I will be interviewing him for the book.

I'm making strides on new information for Little Red and the Green Hornet prototypes. For example Little Red was painted a special red color--which is NOT Ferarri Red, but a close version. On the Green Hornet, some parts were revealed in the restoration photos, that prove her as the GT/SC prototype. In my interview with the GH restorer, Martin Euler, I'll ask about whether he wants to make me an GH-type IRS unit for my own GT/CS; maybe two or three for other owners (??) if thereis enough interest...

Once the LR/GH chapters are to be completed this week, then it's off to finishing the 2007-09 GT/CS section, by an interview with that project's manager in Dearborn.

With those chapters completed then it's just a matter of editing the first 100 pages, and then refining the restoration and concours section. We'll tackle the taillight wiring problems once and for all!!

I wish to aknowledge and thank everyone on this site for your help, inspiration and hard work providing not only historical information, but for their data and registrations for the registry. I DO appreciate it.

So...it's back to the book! I'm knee deep in long hours to finish it up!! Cross your fingers for a July release, if all goes well.

More to follow in regular updates!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Update on book from Paul...
Notice: As of today, June 20th, 2009 , preorders sent to me for the GT/CS
book will no longer qualify for refunds. This is due to the ongoing, and
current investment commitments for the licensing, insurance and printing for
the book. This notice supersedes any previous offers or statements.

Thank you for your ongoing support,

Paul M. Newitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.