• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Modified GT/CS

franklinair

Strange that the owner would invest so much work & money in modifications to make the car the way he wants it, and then turn around and sell it. Unfortunately, for the seller, I only know of concourse level GT/CS or HCS that have sold in that price stratosphere.
JMHO.

Neil

CougarCJ

I don't know, judging from the recent Barrett-Jackson (and other) auctions, customs and modified cars are bringing strong money. Quality of craftsmanship must show throughout though.
All in all, this looks like a pretty well done car (from the pictures).

I do like it, but agree with the original poster about the starting platform. However, I would have started with a fastback though.

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

I don't know, judging from the recent Barrett-Jackson (and other) auctions, customs and modified cars are bringing strong money. Quality of craftsmanship must show throughout though.
All in all, this looks like a pretty well done car (from the pictures).

I do like it, but agree with the original poster about the starting platform. However, I would have started with a fastback though.
It does look pretty well done and the owner may get his asking price. Just not my cup of tea for a '68 GTCS. A buyer may pay the amount because he/she likes the mods done and does not really care about the provenance of the car.

robert campbell

I sold my GNS/GT/CS for $35k and it had a lot more high performance stuff than this car. As said earlier the quality of the modifications really count. I also believe that restomodded cars can sell at prices similar or even more than full concurs cars.

The owner of my car has beat the snot out of it and it "takes a lickin and keeps on tickin".

This car look nice and IMO a value of around $30k to $35k is closer to its value.

Rob

Mosesatm

He did a great job until he got to the seats. Ugh!

Attachments

• 70916475-770-0@2X.jpg
    70916475-770-0@2X.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 70916459-770-0@2X.jpg
    70916459-770-0@2X.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 34