• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Nice one on Hemmings Auction

1968Cally

Looks pretty nice to me. Well done restoration on an early one.

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/19...lert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-11-20

The front half of the rear axle housing is red oxide. I guess someone misunderstood that only the pumpkin was painted red oxide.

Engine compartment looks nice except for the orange tops of the shocks. It was a 2V but now a 4V according to the write-up. Inline fuel filter looks bad.

Right fog light looks a tad higher than the left one which looks a little crooked. With the 2/12/68 build date, it probably came with the Marchals as my 2/8/68 car did. The chin spoiler does not look bad but...

Someone tightened down the console insert way too much. While not original, I like the steering wheel. Trunk mat could use some help.

I would not kick it out of my garage for taking up space.

Mosesatm

This seems to be Randy Pomfret's car. He posted the Marti a little while back.

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Sold today for 43,260 which includes a $2,060 buyers fee. Sounds about right for a really nice driver with apparently, not to many expensive issues that a purist would want to correct.

CougarCJ

Dang, that is nearly exactly how my GT/CS is going to look some day. Mine was built 6 days earlier, but released on the same day. 02/18/68