• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Did You Ever Want a '67 GTCS Convertible?

1968Cally

Here is a 1967 Convertible with GTCS ornamentation. Looks like the only things missing are the hood locks and Mustang script on the front fenders and deck lid.

Looks pretty nice and a pretty nice cloning job. Instrument cluster gauge lenses need help and it looks like it has a North Carolina state assigned VIN.

Just thought I would share

BigJim

North Carolina state assigned VIN

I'd be leary of a car with a state issued VIN. Sounds like something put together from a Dynacorn shell and a combination of junkyard and repop parts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

No link attached
Agree about the state assigned VIN. Now that I posted the link and you can see the pictures, I don't think it is a new shell. Just a restored '67 with the GTCS parts installed.

franklinair

NC VIN.
I have a '68 convertible with a NC VIN due to the dash mounted VIN tag being missing.
As the dash tag is the ONLY legal identification, the stamped inner fender panel & door tag
numbers are not valid for registration.
The DMV Inspector will run those existing numbers thru their computer system, and if they check OK,the state will issue a state VIN.

Neil

Attachments

• 68Conv1.jpg
    68Conv1.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 25

CougarCJ

Arlie, it looks like they cut the carpet wrong?
Shock tower braces are needed, and necessary, it should have them.

Mosesatm

The vacuum advance isn’t hooked up, there is no washer fluid bottle, and no heater hoses.

franklinair

To the best of my knowledge, it is not legal to reproduce VIN tags.
Production/Data tags are OK, but not VIN tags. Check with your state's DMV.

Neil

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Arlie, it looks like they cut the carpet wrong?
Shock tower braces are needed, and necessary, it should have them.
Did not notice the missing braces. Hopefully it has not been driven hard while they have been missing.

Ricky Knapik

It's nice to look at, but at that price you can get a really nice real GT/CS or a convertible. Heck, if you settle for drivers, you can have both!

Ricky Knapik

Arlie, if yours is a 10 footer, that's got to be a 20! It hurts to look at the pics!

franklinair

Nice looking Convertible.
Looks like the A/C was converted to 134 freon.
Is the hood dimpled where the fasteners are?
As per the seller,dash wiring not hooked up? Could be a can of worms.
I would not have put the CS script on the fenders, and just left it as a modified version.

Dave; 8T=Metucheon plant, 03C=Conv, 289 V8 according to the VIN.

Neil

Last edited: