• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 HCS in Illinois CL

Mosesatm

I think this one looks better than it is. It sort of looks like a back yard or a dealer refresh.

No hood pins
No seat belts
No radio
Twist gas cap
No washers
No hood wiring
Black underside paint bomb

A magnet may come in handy when inspecting this one.

RU_SPCL2

I think this one looks better than it is. It sort of looks like a back yard or a dealer refresh.

No hood pins
No seat belts
No radio
Twist gas cap
No washers
No hood wiring
Black underside paint bomb

A magnet may come in handy when inspecting this one.

Other red flags:

Standard interior seats and door cards with the wrong window cranks paired with deluxe interior interior dash bezels.

Non-1968 steering wheel.

No Marti report shown, VIN # or door tag shown to allow verification of authenticity or configuration.

Honestly, smells like a clone. Buyer beware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RU_SPCL2

Other red flags:

Standard interior seats and door cards with the wrong window cranks paired with deluxe interior interior dash bezels.

Non-1968 steering wheel.

No Marti report shown, VIN # or door tag shown to allow verification of authenticity or configuration.

Honestly, smells like a clone. Buyer beware.

Also no power steering or brakes. A little uncommon in my experience for a 302 car.

RU_SPCL2

It is a real HCS, I have it in my registry.

I didn’t see a VIN disclosed, so you must have some personal knowledge of the car or seller to know it is in your registry.

Mosesatm

Attachments

• C168611.jpg
    C168611.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 48

Ricky Knapik

The car is far from concours, but it's a nice car. It's in my town and I have seen it twice now. The hood pins have been installed as well as the radio since the pics. It is vin'd as a C code, but he dropped a 302 in it. :( He had some offers from the Ebay add, but couldn't close a deal. If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to help out if you'd like.
Ricky

Ricky Knapik

This car sold today for $28k. It had a beefed up 302 in it, but the original 289 was part of the deal. It is supposed to show up at Mecum Indy in July. I don't see much room for a flip, but we'll see!