• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Saying of the Week, and other Famous Quotes

Mosesatm

Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

Mustanglvr

There are two kinds of light--the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures. James Thurber
US author, cartoonist, humorist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

Mustanglvr

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”

as4.gif
Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948)

Perkchiro

I'm thinking of joining PETA. That's "People for the Eating of Tasty Animals"
Um Um Good!!!

Mustanglvr

I know you`re not an idiot Steve, but that last statement you just made sure makes you sound like one.
PETA MEANS: PEOPLE FOR THE ETHICAL TREATMENT OF ANIMALS.
(Even animals don`t behave as ignorant as some people).

Perkchiro

I know that Rhonda. It's a JOKE. Lighten up and take a chill pill. I don't appreciate being referred to as sounding "stupid" or "ignorant". I know you don't like me but don't insult me. I would appreciate you respecting my posts. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

What`s there to respect in that post? Did`nt you write it in response to the quote I posted by Muhatma Gandhi? I assumed so. Sorry, but the way this country treats animals is atrocious.

I used the word "idiot" and actually, physicians are not as smart as most of them think.

This is the thread dedicated to Quotes. There is another thread on this site for jokes. But I must admit, most of those are in good taste.

CALIF GIRL

Perkchiro said:
I'm thinking of joining PETA. That's "People for the Eating of Tasty Animals"
Um Um Good!!!

"There is plenty of room for all animals-----right next to the mashed potatoes...author unknown

Mustanglvr

CALIF GIRL said:
"There is plenty of room for all animals-----right next to the mashed potatoes...author unknown

So I take it your a cannibal CALFGIRL?

I guess neither one of you are capable of quoting anything meaningful and intellectual. It shows from your past posts. Calfgirl, you`ve never even posted a meaningful (or any) quote here for that matter, until now and Steve, you`ve only posted one ignorant quote on this thread up until your last ignorant quote. You are making a mockery of this thread and your posts are insulting my intelligence. I really thought you guys were above that.

Why don`t you both try to write something meaningful and thoughtful, hmmmmm? I know you can do it.

Hey!!! Everybody!!! Give it up for Steve and Calfgirl! Their going to try (and I enphasize the word TRY) to write something worth reading!!!

Last edited:

p51

I just wanted to say to everyone on this thread....

"PEACE on earth, good will to men" and a Very Merry Christmas to all...

rvrtrash

Take it easy Rhonda. There are plenty of posts here that are closer to jokes than serious, thought provoking insights. You yourself have laughed at some of them. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are an idiot, ignorant or stupid, they just have different views. I believe an apology is in order so we can move on. Just to stay on topic, here's my quote.
"Jesus is the reason for the season".

Steve

mustgetastang2

Ignorance is bliss,as they say,and this thread seems to be truly blissful.What is wrong with everyone?Has the stress of the upcoming holidays gotten so bad that we must strike when and where we can?Maybe those who are so inclined to be numb to our animal friends treatment in this country should think about making a sizable donation to their local animal shelter or other like cause in this season of giving.Oh and instead of just sending a check,take the family on a tour of the local facility.It is a pretty cold heart that can look into the eyes of a kitten or a puppy,knowing that you might be its only chance and still be able to turn away.Just for the record,maybe some of you should tour your local nursing homes as well.In my experience they arent much better.This country has developed the habit of treating our aged the same way they treat our unwanted pets.With all the caring and respect a finely tuned gas chamber can give.This country has entirely too much waste.Too many animals,too many people, too much of our natural resources,too much of everything is wasted.Our landfills and wastedumps are overflowing as it is.And then we have a couple of funbags like you two,Califgirl and Perchiro, to come along and ruin the spirit of the holidays for the rest of us by making fun of such a sensitive dilemma.Way to go!!!!

CALIF GIRL

mustgetastang2 said:
It is a pretty cold heart that can look into the eyes of a kitten or a puppy,knowing that you might be its only chance and still be able to turn away.

Just for the record,maybe some of you should tour your local nursing homes as well.

What does eating meat have to do with looking into puppies and kittens eyes, and nursing homes?.....

I could have sworn the title of this post was quotes,,,seems to me what Perchiro and I both posted were quotes..not a rampage of attacks

Mellow out and don't attack people because they post something that opposes your opinion...Neither of us has in anyway attacked you.

mustgetastang2

I am very well aware of the title of this post......and opened my previous post with a famous quote.Also I was not aware that one had to be attacked in some way to post on this or any other thread on this site.I thought that there was a freedom of speech in this country and that I had a right to post my contribution to the thread along with my opinions.I thought that I was able to say what was on my mind just like you do.
Oh and eating meat doesnt have anything to do with puppies and kittens,but being callous and cold hearted about it does.I found your attitudes to be repulsive and demented.I thought I was pointing that out but I guess certain people just let it fly over their heads.By the way Califgirl,are you in the habit of speaking for Perchiro all the time?Just wondered...lol
Also if you remember correctly,the original disagreement,if there was any at all,started from the fact that Perchiro had to respond to Mustanglvr's quote from Ghandi.You,Califgirl,just had to jump in there as well.It seems to me that the truth must hurt or something because it looks to be all claws and teeth from here on.(sorry about the reference there,Califgirl)

And my quote is....If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,you will have men who deal likewise with their fellow men. St.Francis of Assisi

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

This arguement started because Perchiro assumed that the quote from Mahatma Gandhi was a slam against America. Why else would he post the comment about joining PETA? Well, he would`nt have assumed it was America Gandhi was talking about, if he himself did`nt think it was a true statement.

CALIF GIRL

mustgetastang2,

And then we have a couple of funbags like you two,Califgirl and Perchiro, to come along and ruin the spirit of the holidays for the rest of us by making fun of such a sensitive dilemma.Way to go!!!!--mustgetastang2

Actually what I was doing was quoting the most common quote that gets said after the PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals quote, because the two go so well together...and as far as it being a sensitive issue----
If Rhonda is so sensitive about the treatment of animals she has a really weird way of showing it, as seen by this recent post of hers, picture included..from the Redneck Christmas thread

Gutted deer, hanging from trees in peoples yards, are a common sight during hunting season here in the Midwest. I think the pic is hilarious, lol. ---mustanglvr

Attachments

• DEER.jpg
    DEER.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 21

Mustanglvr

I knew somebody would bring that up. I don`t have a problem with humanely killing an animal as long as it is used as food. Killing for sport, just taking the horns and leaving behind the rest is ridiculous. I also don`t believe confinement barns are humane.
You missed the whole point of my arguement Califgirl. Perchiro only responded with the insulting comment he made because he assumed the quote I posted was against America. He has`nt denied it yet since I brought it up in my much earlier post. This country needs to pass laws to respect the rights of animals. Right down to the many litters of kittens that are put to sleep because nobody wants them. The country could pass laws to make people have their pets neutered or spayed so there are`nt any unwanted animals.

quote: What`s there to respect in that post? Did`nt you write it in response to the quote I posted by Muhatma Gandhi? I assumed so. Sorry, but the way this country treats animals is atrocious. :quote

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”