• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Saying of the Week, and other Famous Quotes

Perkchiro

!

Oh, this has gotten so distorted and way, way over the top. Rhonda, you've made assumptions about me personally that are fabricated. You say that this thread is for "intelligent" quotes and sayings. As I page through these posts, I see quotes from George Carlin and Homer Simpson. Are these both considered serious philosophers by you? My first post with a quote from Yogi Berra was determined to be "ignorant" by you. Yogisms are some of the most quoted sayings of our time. My most recent post was not a slam against America. It was a satirical comment in response to your post and Gandhi's belief of honoring cows as spiritual and possessing the spirit of dead human's. I do love a steak and baked potato now and then, but that's no insult to Gandhi or the Hindu religion. I too am an animal lover and have pets, but didn't you post a Christmas light pic of a gutted dear with blood running onto the ground and you LOL? You might be interested to know that I have taken in a stray dog (I live in a rural area) and spent my own money to spay and retain the dog until a spot was available at the No kill shelter.

Rhonda, you have personally insulted me with pokes at my intelligence as a physician, and you've referred to me as an "idiot" and inferred that I am "stupid". Now, I've been accused of spoiling Christmas for some on this thread! That's inappropriate as well as ridiculous. And you are expecting some sort of apology from me? You've got to be kidding!

Rhonda, you've really overreached and overreacted here. Again, try to calm down and enjoy this season of joy. Merry Christmas!

In closing here's a "serious" quote.

"Some people treat animals better than people"
Attributed to 'Me' after enduring insults and name calling on this thread.

Mustanglvr

That picture I posted was a frickin light display!!! It was`nt real!!! Neither was the picture after that!!! They were on the thread about JOKES!!!
I did`nt insult YOU because you`re a physician, you were insinuating that physicians are smarter, well they`re not! I probably have a higher I.Q than most physicians and I`m not one.
You have to admit that the quote I posted erked you and thats the only reason why you posted that PETA comment. Just to erk me.
I do like you Steve, but you just have to jump in there and stir things up.

Perkchiro

I WAS NOT erked. It was a satiracal comment intended as a joke. I think the political actions of PETA are at times laughable because they stand for total vegetarianism, but this WAS NOT directed at you Rhonda. And where on earth did you get the impression that I think or insinuated that physicians are smarter? I NEVER implied that to anyone, because I don't believe it myself. I realize my shortcomings and I don't think I'm smarter that anyone else. My only statement regarding that was on a different post regarding legalization of drugs, and my daily experience as a doctor and past board member of a drug rehab program for women. Again, you have inferred something and fabricated facts from the air that are not true. Please, please stop this nonsense for the good of the website and the fine folks who contribute to it. Again, I trust you and your loved ones have a wonderful Christmas together.

I wish you all the best Rhonda.

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

You`re not playing fair Steve, you`ve been going back and changing your posts. You know for a fact that you insinuated that physicians were smarter. Shame on you. Merry Christmas to you too.

Mosesatm

Do both of you agree that this might be a good time and place to either end the debate or take it off-line?

joedls

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
Winston Churchill

Mustanglvr

I stand by what I said. These are the posts where at first you said you considered yourself very smart because you are a physician and then you retracted it. I in turn commented in my post that physicians are`nt as smart as they think.

#68 Perkchiro
rank-red.gif
rank-red.gif
rank-red.gif
rank-red.gif
rank-red.gif

Nixa, MO
eBay: Perkchiro

I know that Rhonda. It's a JOKE. Lighten up and take a chill pill. I don't appreciate being referred to as sounding "stupid" or "ignorant". I know you don't like me but don't insult me. I would appreciate you respecting my posts. Thanks.

Steve in Missouri
1968 Candyapple Red California Special
user_offline.gif

post_old.gif
12/21/2006#69 Mustanglvr
rank-red.gif
rank-red.gif
rank-red.gif
rank-red.gif
rank-red.gif
rank-red.gif
rank-red.gif

Little green GT/CS on the prairie

Southwest Minnesota
eBay: Mustanglvr_gtcs
1968 GT/CS

What`s there to respect in that post? Did`nt you write it in response to the quote I posted by Muhatma Gandhi? I assumed so. Sorry, but the way this country treats animals is atrocious.

I used the word "idiot" and actually, physicians are not as smart as most of them think.

This is the thread dedicated to Quotes. There is another thread on this site for jokes. But I must admit, most of those are in good taste.

RHONDA

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
Do both of you agree that this might be a good time and place to either end the debate or take it off-line?

Aw, and it was just starting to get fun!:icon_ecst :wink:

Perkchiro

Believe what you want, the above proves nothing. You are attempting to paint me as something I am not. And Joe, this man (me) has not stumbled over the truth. I do not appreciate the inference with Churchills quote stuck in the middle of all this. And Yes Arlie, I would be happy to drop it now, if only the continued personal assaults would stop too.

Mustanglvr

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
Albert Schweitzer

CALIF GIRL

We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
Albert Einstein

joedls

Perkchiro said:
Believe what you want, the above proves nothing. You are attempting to paint me as something I am not. And Joe, this man (me) has not stumbled over the truth. I do not appreciate the inference with Churchills quote stuck in the middle of all this. And Yes Arlie, I would be happy to drop it now, if only the continued personal assaults would stop too.

I apologize if I jumped in the middle of something, but I meant no disrespect. My daughter was just wearing a shirt with this quotation on it today and I thought I would share it. I hadn't read the interchange between you and Rhonda until just now.

rvrtrash

It's known as a blast zone, Joe, and you just got caught in one. Arlie and I have both tried to get this fight ended but it doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon. Please guys, take it offline.

Steve

Perkchiro

joedls said:
I apologize if I jumped in the middle of something, but I meant no disrespect. My daughter was just wearing a shirt with this quotation on it today and I thought I would share it. I hadn't read the interchange between you and Rhonda until just now.

Understood Joe, Thanks for the explanation. And Steve, I'm stepping out ofthe blasting zone. Done. Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

mmarsalone

Darn , I just popped another bag of popcorn.:grin:

This is why politics and religion do not belong on car forums. On the Harley Davidson Forums website, they added a Politics and religion forum and the same thing happens over there. Arguments go for days, and you begin to think if some of these guys were face to face, physical fights would occur.

Mosesatm

I believe in getting into hot water; it keeps you clean. ~G.K. Chesterton

CALIF GIRL

I came, I saw, I conquered.
Julius Caesar

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.
George S. Patton

Perkchiro

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight."
Isaiah the Prophet

Mustanglvr

Sarah Wonders
Love isn't just for the smart or talented, but for all the animals God created.

American President George W. Bush, in Reader's Digest, November 2001
Grief and tragedy and hatred are only for a time. Goodness, remembrance and love have no end.