• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Alternator Connector

franklinair

This photo is the connector for the Alternator on the main harness adjacent to the Starter solenoid. As you can see, it is burned & corroded.
I need to splice in a good connector. Anyone got an old sacrificial harness or connector?

Neil

Attachments

• ALT CONN.jpg
    ALT CONN.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 40

CougarCJ

I think that it is this one.

why is it so hard to post a picture on this site!:mad::mad:

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I didn't get an email. My new email since retiring: franklinair@morrisbb.net
It doesn't matter as far as wire insulation color. I can splice into the correct wires on the car, and cover with shrink tubing.

Neil

stangfan

The more I look at the picture, the less I think that the one I have is the same. Mine does not have the horizontal lines shown in the body of it. Also, Mine has two distinct male connections whereas your picture looks different. I can take a picture of it if you want Neil. It looks like yours has 4 wires, where mine only has 3.