• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

EXP500 Repli-bute...

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Well... the mad scramble is done...

.... the transmission decided to play up, so will need to pull it. Later. Goes on a truck to the Melbourne MotorClassica tomorrow, which is ok as they don't let you run the engines in the building anyway. So only the workers the day before an after will see it pushed in and out... disappointing, but what you get taking a rebuild and letting it sit a few years before installing and hoping for the best...

Overall very happy with the build. The engine bay need tweaking the after market Ford Racing cover look great, but are so tall as to may fit of other things touch, so they will go.

Hope you enjoy the happy snaps, flash white-out and blur are complimentary of phone cams!! Will post a few from the show in a week or two...

somethingspecial

WOW. That really is a BEAUTIFUL car. You knocked it out of the park as far as I am concerned. Congrats on a job well done. Mike

Sarge

WoWoWoWoooo. Man, Richard. That is Beautiful. Gorgeous. Stunning. Congratulations aren't enough.
Robert

robert campbell

LOVE IT! I had the pent roof valve covers on my 1968 Shelby GT-500 KR and they were very tight. To remove the spark plugs I pulled the export brace and valve covers....

Can't wait for more pics. Ya did great!!

Rob

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Thanks for the compliments and kind words. Can't wait to see it in the sun getting it on the trailer tomorrow.:cool:

Still need to sort out the air cleaner, the 390 snorkels I have just don't cut it, so the dodgy open look. Will probably revert to a more stock form, but need to assess the 428PI with 390 block and a Tbird air cleaner base (that seem a tad too high)and how it all fits. The transmission is a bummer, but I do have a '69 C6 with cast iron tail shaft I may rebuild and swap in as I'd guess a rebuild is a rebuild. Need to check its servo, think it came out of a truck (think it was a "L" plant, not sure if so and what that would indicate it was originally from).

I am sure there will be a few more teething issues, the rear 1/4's are not quite right, one popped off its track, repro frame just does not seem to align right. May get OEM rechromed and hope they come out good. But overall very happy with the result... will post a few more pro pics from the show (which, unfortunately I can't got o due to a work trip dropped in my lap last week! :tongue:

p51

Wow! Beautiful car!

Couple of questions:
(1) Will you adopt me and write me into your will?
(2) Do you have any contact information for hitmen in OZ?
:grin:

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

More happy snaps. Outdoor pics, flatbed to the pickup point where it got into the enclosed trailer...

Will get some proper pics from the show and at a good location once it gets home....

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Show was last week. I could not attend due to biz travel. :mad:

As the car had a few issues I was not happy with we told them "do not judge". They forgot, judged it anyway, and we missed first prize out of the dozen or so Mustang/Shelby's by a whisker... if we had had a another week or two, who knows.... very happy with the result. :smile:

franklinair

Richard created his masterpiece before leaving us. Hope it goes to a good home with someone that can appreciate it.

Neil