• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shelby Factory/Museum North Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

miller511

Just got back from a trip to Vegas.

We went to the Shelby Facility north of town (at the Speedway) for the free tour. Definitely worth the relatively short drive up the road from the strip.

The museum is very cool. Lots of cars/prototypes/first Cobra, etc. Got to sign the wall. Since they work 4 10's, most of the workers were off last Friday. Will post pics soon.

There was one Shelby employee working on his own Shelby GT/SC on the Mustang side of the facility (there's also a Cobra side of the facility).

We were chatting and he mentioned a Mustang show at the Hoover Dam put on by the Mustang Club of Las Vegas the next day...Hey, we were going there anyway to tour the power plant. Pretty good turnout for the car show even with 100 degree weather in the afternoon.

The rest of the trip...well, you know what they say...

rvrtrash

I went there a few years ago. It's well worth the trip!

Steve

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

A few pics-

Attachments

• Las Vegas June 027a.JPG
    Las Vegas June 027a.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Las Vegas June 047a.JPG
    Las Vegas June 047a.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Las Vegas June 049a.JPG
    Las Vegas June 049a.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 49

gazrox

Cool! I'm taking my first trip to Vegas in September, so I'll put that on my list of things to do.

I finally got to drive a 2008 Shelby GT500 last week - a friend got delivery of his so when he asked if I wanted to take it for a spin "duh, hell yeah!" Wow - I'm hooked. Bugger - I wish I had some spare change! LOL

Gary

Diesel Donna

I was in Las Vegas on the 13th, 14th ,left on Sunday the 15th....I wish I would have had time to go see the facility. Always working! Someday I'll have time to do all the side trip stuff.

hotrodgrany

Attachments

• Spencer S.D. &Spencer Ia. horse show 0490.JPG
    Spencer S.D. &Spencer Ia. horse show 0490.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

68sunlitgold

Jeff & Donna,
Heck....I wish I would have known you two where going to be there, I too was there from the 10th -15th. I even went to the car show at Hoover Dam on Saturday, spent about 2 hours there. Had a military function (Weapons School Graduation at the Flamingo Sat night) to attend. I have been to Vegas so many times (spend 6 months there attend the Weapons School back in '96) that I actually lost only $5 in a slot machine the whole time I was there. I wish I would have had another day so I could have gone to the museum.....maybe next time.

Donna, maybe we saw each other at the airport on Sunday and did not realize it....my flight left at 7 in the morning (had to get back to family since it was fathers day). I was the good looking guy probably talking on the phone.

68 special

The family and I are here in Vegas until the 27th. Definitely going to do the tour and see the cafe. Man, I love this weather!! Beats molding in Seattle. Anyway, I'm excited for the tour. Sure wish I'd known you guys were here, maybe we could've hooked up. Ah, well. Another time.

Bret

Diesel Donna

Jeff & Donna,
Heck....I wish I would have known you two where going to be there, I too was there from the 10th -15th. I even went to the car show at Hoover Dam on Saturday, spent about 2 hours there. Had a military function (Weapons School Graduation at the Flamingo Sat night) to attend. I have been to Vegas so many times (spend 6 months there attend the Weapons School back in '96) that I actually lost only $5 in a slot machine the whole time I was there. I wish I would have had another day so I could have gone to the museum.....maybe next time.

Donna, maybe we saw each other at the airport on Sunday and did not realize it....my flight left at 7 in the morning (had to get back to family since it was fathers day). I was the good looking guy probably talking on the phone.

Oh man! I got to the airport about 7:45 AM, so I just missed you. I was staying at Bally's. We had our annual charity golf tournament and dinner/huge raffle on Saturday night. I saw some guys in cammies at my hotel......
Okay here is my itinerary for this weekend in case anyone is going to Palm Springs! I drive out there on Friday for a conference, go back to San Berdoo on Saturday for a job fair and then return to Palm Springs. Go back to LA area on Sunday. (I'll be in the company car) We should have a thread here to post where we all are traveling I guess! Small world huh? Note to self: I need to start wearing my GT/CS shirts when I am out of town.

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Hi all,

What a small world...

We were in Vegas for my daughter's 21st birthday celebration...We were there to, well, keep an eye on her and her best friend and cart them around. We all had such a great time. The girls highly suggest the Chippendale show (at the Rio) and some guy named "Brian" who is the main attraction ...for all of you that enjoy that sort of thing ;-)

Yeah, the guy "Dan" picking up the Super Snake out front of the Shelby Factory was quietly excited. How cool must that have been for him? We chatted just for a second about the Kenne Bell Super Charger and the 725? ponies before he jumped in it and drove to the far parking lot and put it in a trailer. You can't see them, but there was a big crowd to both sides of me when I took that pic.

Upcoming itinerary next weekend... road trip to LA in the new CS to see a Dodger/Angel game at Dodger Stadium...I haven't been in 30 years!

Diesel Donna

It'd be better than "that jacket" you seem to like to wear. :wink:

Hahahahaaaa! Well just for you Joe...it's too hot out now to be wearing it.

But like I told you before...it makes me easy to find at the swap meets! :grin:

rvrtrash

I'll be in Vegas the evenings of Aug 18th and 24th. It's the "base" for my Grand Canyon white water trip. If anyone is there and wants to have dinner, let me know.

Steve

clubpro

Donna,

You could also get one of my Lime Gold GT/CS anniversary caps to match your beautiful car. Just ask Claude Sprinkle how good the cap looks on the dashboard.

Cheers,

Ron

Diesel Donna

Donna,

You could also get one of my Lime Gold GT/CS anniversary caps to match your beautiful car. Just ask Claude Sprinkle how good the cap looks on the dashboard.

Cheers,

Ron

Aren't ya s'pose to put it on yer head??? :confused:
Send me your website ,I want to see it! :grin: Never mind....I see it, lol

~~~~DD

P

PNewitt

When I was at the Fords Forever Show in April, I went to the Shelby booth, and signed up for a Performance Parts Catalog..... I filled out an order form, and mentioned that I was the Registrar of the GT/CS, had a Ford License, etc..

Two months later, nothing. Still nothing.

Is Team Shelby for real, or what? I'm not real impressed.

Paul N.

Midnight Special

When I was at the Fords Forever Show in April, I went to the Shelby booth, and signed up for a Performance Parts Catalog..... I filled out an order form, and mentioned that I was the Registrar of the GT/CS, had a Ford License, etc..

Two months later, nothing. Still nothing.

Is Team Shelby for real, or what? I'm not real impressed.

Paul N.

...Hate to say it, but maybe they weren't real impressed.

There are better ways to make an impression than to go in bragging on yourself. Name-droppers, boastful types and loud purists don't "git it" with me either. They tend to smother out comments you would naturally make by imposing selfish conditions...

Complimenting and cooperating w/their efforts will go alot father. They will likely reciprocate in kind (or better;-) My $0.02 only....

Status
Not open for further replies.