• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT California Special

papaw3

Candy Apple Red, 302-4V (J-code), C-4 Cruse-O-Matic Transmission, Red bucket seats, built 02/19/1968, Marti report verifies vehicle is an authentic GT/CS.

Attachments

• DSC_0987.jpg
    DSC_0987.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0986.jpg
    DSC_0986.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 1968 Mustang GTCS0006.jpg
    1968 Mustang GTCS0006.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 1968 Mustang GTCS0008.jpg
    1968 Mustang GTCS0008.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 1968 Mustang GTCS0007.jpg
    1968 Mustang GTCS0007.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 180

RAS2781

Interested in your car...

Papaw3.

I'm not sure if you received my PMs but I am interested in your car. Please email me through my member contact information the best way to contact you. Thanks!

Bob

OP
OP
P

papaw3

Best way to contact me.

The best way to contact me is email to Mustanger1@outlook.com.

Thanks for your interest in the car. We've had it for 16 years, but I guess it's time for us to part with it.

OP
OP
P

papaw3

To what list are you referring?

The car is just a fun car for us. Not into Mustangs deep enough to know about early GT/CS and recessed lights.

robert campbell

Mike Jewell, our registrar, keeps a list of every GT/CS that we can find. I was curious as to whether your car was a new find or one on his list. That was a query to Mike and Arlie that have the most up to date list.

Your car is a very early produced GT/CS. The VIN number is low as the build date further documented by the existence of the early rear quarter reflectors that are recessed into the panel vice the later ones that just bolt on and there is no recess. A cost saving initiative I guess by Ford.

You car is very nice and one of the first ones that came off the line.

rob

68 special

Hey Rob,

Does the pic of the trunk look like it has the gas cap recessed in the tail light panel? Maybe just the angle of the pic, but if I remember right, that is one of the tell tail signs of the early promo cars??

Bret

robert campbell

Bret,
Great eye. Looks like it might be. I can only imagine the scramble to source the GT/CS fiber glass parts and then assembling cars that were pulled from the line. This car has a lot of options and it was mentioned that the cars pulled and staged for conversion were typically loaded with a lot of options.

Papaw3,
A close up of the gas cap would be great. Again, the early build of your car may fetch a few more bucks.

Rob